From: bobby b on
I downloaded windows xp package 3 won't let me receive upgrades I only get
this message. How do I fix this problem

--
bobby c brazil
From: MowGreen on

bobby b wrote:
> I downloaded windows xp package 3 won't let me receive upgrades I only get
> this message. How do I fix this problem

0x80248011 WU_E_DS_UNABLETOSTART
Could not create a data store object in another process.

Did *you* manually download XP Service Pack 3 or was it downloaded by
automatic updates ? The message is telling you that too many things are
going on at once for the Service Pack to install.

Suggest you manually download and *save* the standalone SP3 package:

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT
Professionals and Developers
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5B33B5A8-5E76-401F-BE08-1E1555D4F3D4&displaylang=en

* If your system is in a different language, then click the Change link
next to United States toward the top right of the page and set it to
your country/language. *

Once the download completes create a folder on the root drive ( the
drive where Windows is installed to, which is usually C:\ ) and move SP3
to it.

Configure the system to clean boot -

How to configure Windows XP to start in a clean boot state
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

Install SP3 now, allow the system to restart each time it requests to.
If an issue arises see:

How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of Windows XP Service
Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
SP3 was released two years ago: How come you're only getting around to
install it now?

in the background when you attempted to install/installed SP3?

it)?