From: BBilly on
I have a MS Update for Silverlight (KB982926) that keeps trying to Update,
but then fails, and "Could Not Be Installed". It keeps posting SDS 3.0 to my
System Restore
everytime it attempts to update. This seems to prevent IE8 from loading. I
would like to delete this update, and Silverlight in general, and wait for a
newer release with less bugs. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it.
Thanks. BBilly

From: MowGreen on
BBilly wrote:
> I have a MS Update for Silverlight (KB982926) that keeps trying to Update,
> but then fails, and "Could Not Be Installed". It keeps posting SDS 3.0 to my
> System Restore
> everytime it attempts to update. This seems to prevent IE8 from loading. I
> would like to delete this update, and Silverlight in general, and wait for a
> newer release with less bugs. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it.
> Thanks. BBilly

Uninstalling previous versions of Silverlight from Windows
http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/get-started/install/uninstall-win.aspx

Download and view the video or just run it. The steps are the same for
Vista and Windows 7.

If you're still experiencing difficulties with Silverlight, suggest you
check the forums dedicated to it:
http://forums.silverlight.net/forums/

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY