From: Y N on
Hi,

I get the following deprecation error saying that

!!!!! DEPRECATION NOTICE !!!!!
The WWW constant is deprecated, please switch to the new top-level
Mechanize
constant. WWW will be removed in Mechanize version 2.0

You've referenced the WWW constant from ./xxxxx.rb:22:in `initialize',
please
switch the "WWW" to "Mechanize". Thanks!

Sincerely,

Pew Pew Pew

what does switch the "WWW" to "Mechanize" mean? The error is for this
line
@agent = WWW::Mechanize.new
From: andrew mcelroy on
On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Y N <yn9876(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get the following deprecation error saying that
>
> !!!!! DEPRECATION NOTICE !!!!!
> The WWW constant is deprecated, please switch to the new top-level
> Mechanize
> constant.  WWW will be removed in Mechanize version 2.0
>
> You've referenced the WWW constant from ./xxxxx.rb:22:in `initialize',
> please
> switch the "WWW" to "Mechanize".  Thanks!

Ryan covered this in a railscast. If memory serves, you simply stop
typing the WWW part.

Respectfully,
Andrew