From: Archimedes Plutonium on

Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> > Alright, I am in no sort of rush. The proof of the Infinitude of
> > Perfect Numbers has
> > been waiting since Pythagoras of 3,000 years old, so what is 3 weeks
> > more.
> >
> > When a new technique is found in mathematics that clears out a
> > problem-- infinitude
> > of Twin Primes and Polignac Conjecture, you can usually bet that the
> > new technique
> > does alot more, that it can clear out a whole class of unsolved
> > problems. The new
> > technique I speak of is the fact that in Euclid's Infinitude of Primes
> > proof when in Indirect
> > delivers two new necessarily primes as Euclid's Numbers. It was a
> > mistake found
> > in the Logical setup of Indirect Method that ekes out two new
> > necessarily primes and
> > with this found mistake one easily proves infinitude of Twin Primes
> > and Polignac conjecture.
> > But can this new technique be marshalled to conquer Infinitude of
> > Perfect Numbers and a
> > entire gigantic list of primes of specific form? That is what I am
> > trying to resolve.
> >
> > Whether I can extend the new technique to conquer most conjectures of
> > prime form, begging
> > for a proof of infinity.
> >
> > With Twin Primes and Polignac conjecture they are easily fit into the W
> > +1, W-1, then into
> > W+2, W-2 then into W+3, W-3, etc etc.
> >
> > But what about when Mersenne primes of form (2^p)-1 pop up on the
> > radar? I believe the new
> > technique is powerful enough for it delivers two new necessarily
> > primes. The problem is to
> > finagle the form (2^p)-1 into Euclid Numbers. If I can finagle them
> > into being Euclid Numbers
> > then the proof of Mersenne primes and Infinitude of Perfect Numbers
> > falls out.
> >
> > So here I have a new technique-- Indirect Method yields two new
> > primes. Now I attach
> > another tool, that of Mathematical Induction. I do this so that I can
> > finagle the Euclid Numbers
> > to be of form (2^p)-1.
> >
> > Now I am rusty on Mathematical Induction but let me just spearhead a
> > attack.
> >
> > Indirect Method
> > (1) definition of prime
> > (2) hypothetical assumption step; suppose .. where last number in list
> > is largest prime
> > (3) form Euclid's Number/s
> > (4) Euclid's Number/s are necessarily prime
> > (5) contradiction to largest prime of list
> > (6) set infinite
> >
> > So the above worked splendidly for Twin Primes and the Polignac
> > Conjecture of all prime
> > pairs of form P, P+2k.
> >
> > But now we tackle primes of more complicated form such as Mersenne
> > primes (2^p)-1
> >
> > The first few Mersenne primes are 3,7,31, 127
> >
> > So the initial case of a Math Induction works for Euclid's Number as W
> > +1

> [...]

I usually find that talking something to death achieves my goal.

Okay, so I supposed in Math Induction that p_N was true, and so
(2x3x5x7x. . .xp_N) was of the form 2^p

Now when in p_N+1 I include that into the new Euclid Number as such:

(2x3x5x7x. . .xp_N x p_N+1)

what I am doing is squaring in the series 2,4,8, 16, 32, 64,
128, . . .

So that we can see that 8 x 8 is

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium/