From: Archimedes Plutonium on

Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> Alright, I am in no sort of rush. The proof of the Infinitude of
> Perfect Numbers has
> been waiting since Pythagoras of 3,000 years old, so what is 3 weeks
> more.
>
> When a new technique is found in mathematics that clears out a
> problem-- infinitude
> of Twin Primes and Polignac Conjecture, you can usually bet that the
> new technique
> does alot more, that it can clear out a whole class of unsolved
> problems. The new
> technique I speak of is the fact that in Euclid's Infinitude of Primes
> proof when in Indirect
> delivers two new necessarily primes as Euclid's Numbers. It was a
> mistake found
> in the Logical setup of Indirect Method that ekes out two new
> necessarily primes and
> with this found mistake one easily proves infinitude of Twin Primes
> and Polignac conjecture.
> But can this new technique be marshalled to conquer Infinitude of
> Perfect Numbers and a
> entire gigantic list of primes of specific form? That is what I am
> trying to resolve.
>
> Whether I can extend the new technique to conquer most conjectures of
> prime form, begging
> for a proof of infinity.
>
> With Twin Primes and Polignac conjecture they are easily fit into the W
> +1, W-1, then into
> W+2, W-2 then into W+3, W-3, etc etc.
>
> But what about when Mersenne primes of form (2^p)-1 pop up on the
> radar? I believe the new
> technique is powerful enough for it delivers two new necessarily
> primes. The problem is to
> finagle the form (2^p)-1 into Euclid Numbers. If I can finagle them
> into being Euclid Numbers
> then the proof of Mersenne primes and Infinitude of Perfect Numbers
> falls out.
>
> So here I have a new technique-- Indirect Method yields two new
> primes. Now I attach
> another tool, that of Mathematical Induction. I do this so that I can
> finagle the Euclid Numbers
> to be of form (2^p)-1.
>
> Now I am rusty on Mathematical Induction but let me just spearhead a
> attack.
>
> Indirect Method
> (1) definition of prime
> (2) hypothetical assumption step; suppose .. where last number in list
> is largest prime
> (3) form Euclid's Number/s
> (4) Euclid's Number/s are necessarily prime
> (5) contradiction to largest prime of list
> (6) set infinite
>
> So the above worked splendidly for Twin Primes and the Polignac
> Conjecture of all prime
> pairs of form P, P+2k.
>
> But now we tackle primes of more complicated form such as Mersenne
> primes (2^p)-1
>
> The first few Mersenne primes are 3,7,31, 127
>
> So the initial case of a Math Induction works for Euclid's Number as W
> +1

> [...]

So I have no worries, none whatsoever that the Euclid Number is prime
for
the method guarantees it prime. My only worry and concern is whether
retrieve another Mersenne prime of form (2^p) -1

By Math Induction supposed p_N Euclid Number is a Mersenne formed
prime

All that is needed is to see that p_N+1 Euclid Number is a Mersenned
formed prime

Looks like I need not worry about whether p_N+1 Euclid Number is prime
for the
method gives me it as necessarily prime, what matters is whether it is
a Mersenne
form. That means it is a exponent of 2.

That means it is it is from the stock of 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64,
128, . . .

I do not have to worry about the -1 in (2^p)-1 for the Euclid Number
can achieve that.

All I have to worry about is that the Euclid Number has a rootstock
from 2^p

So let me do the Indirect Method on just the first initial Mersenne
Primes to get a feeling
for the flow of how the mechanics works.

Definition of Prime
Suppose all primes finite with 3 the last and largest Mersenne prime
{2,3} are all the primes that exist yields Euclid Number (2x3)+1 = 7
Contradiction and formed a new and larger Mersenne prime of 7
Hence Mersenne primes infinite

Again to see the flow
Definition of Prime
Suppose all primes finite with 5 the largest prime in set {2,3,5} are
all the primes that exist yields Euclid Number (2x3x5)+1 = 31
Contradiction and formed a new and larger prime with is Mersenned
prime
Hence set of all primes infinite

So in the one proof case I can say Mersenne primes infinite but in the
second case I can
only say all primes infinite.

So, beginning to see some daylight in this:

In the Supposition step of the Math Induction what I was supposing
true is that
the Euclid Number for p_N as that of (2x3x5x7x. . .xp_N) is of the
form of (2^p)

So then, all I need show is that the p_N+1 continues with the
2,4,8,16,32, . . . string.

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium/