From: getting old getting on
I record a macro in excel 2007 in which i create a pivot table. when i try to
run the macro i get "invalid procedure call or argument". the same process
works fine in excel 2003. If i look at the debug window the "problem code" is
: -ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _
"JDE Import!R1C1:R3500C37",
Version:=xlPivotTableVersion12).CreatePivotTable _
TableDestination:="Calculations & summary!R4C3",
TableName:="PivotTable7", _
DefaultVersion:=xlPivotTableVersion12

I guess this gives two questions: how can a recorded macro then not work
again? (i have cleared, removed and recreated the destination sheet and all
sorts) and two, what is wrong with the macro itself?
From: ker_01 on
Actually, it is fairly common for a recorded macro to not work "out of the
box"- they often need just a tiny bit of tweaking.

I'm not a big pivot-table automator, and without seeing the rest of the
macro, it is hard to tell what the problem might be- the wrong sheet might be
active, etc.

I'd suggest you post a followup to the Excel.programming newsgroup, and
include all (or at least a larger chunk) of the code that preceeds the line
where it errors out.

HTH,
Keith

From: Roger Govier on