From: Craig on
Howdy;

I've been stymied by this for several weeks now. I'd like to use
autostreamer (http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=223562) to
create a slipstreamed cd install for one of our sony laptops.

Sony only offers their system restore disks. The files carry a .img
suffix. I need to unpack them to be able to proceed. So far, I've
tried the following:

- autostreamer (hey, worth a try!)
- cdmage
- extractnow
- IZarc
- 7Zip
- CDBurnerXP

I've googled around on the subject and sifted through neowin's forums
but, still no go. Anyone have any suggestions?

tia,
-Craig
From: beenthere on

"Craig" <netburgher(a)REMOVEgmail.com> wrote in message
> Howdy;
>
> I've been stymied by this for several weeks now. I'd like to use
> autostreamer (http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=223562) to
> create a slipstreamed cd install for one of our sony laptops.
>
> Sony only offers their system restore disks. The files carry a .img
> suffix. I need to unpack them to be able to proceed. So far, I've tried
> the following:

snipped.

Hi Craig, MagicISO may be able to help. Go here..

http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200312/1071224729.html

--
bw..OJ

From: Susan Bugher on
beenthere wrote:

> Hi Craig, MagicISO may be able to help. Go here..
>
> http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200312/1071224729.html

sigh. . .

Magic ISO Maker is *Shareware*.
http://www.download.com/3000-2646-10191803.html

A small portion of it (MagicDisc Virtual DVD/CD-ROM) is free. If you
want a challenge try finding the free app on the author's site. . .
http://www.magiciso.com/

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

From: Craig on
Susan Bugher wrote:

> beenthere wrote:
>
>> Hi Craig, MagicISO may be able to help. Go here..
>>
>> http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200312/1071224729.html
>

> sigh. . .
>
> Magic ISO Maker is *Shareware*.
> http://www.download.com/3000-2646-10191803.html
>
> A small portion of it (MagicDisc Virtual DVD/CD-ROM) is free. If you
> want a challenge try finding the free app on the author's site. . .
> http://www.magiciso.com/
>
> Susan

/Rats!/

(thx anyway, beenthere)

Susan, I take it that "magicdisc virtual blah-blah" has nothing to do
w/iso extraction? Otherwise, I'd accept the challenge.

<frown>
-Craig
From: Roger Hunt on
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Susan Bugher typed this :
>beenthere wrote:
>
>> Hi Craig, MagicISO may be able to help. Go here..
>>
>> http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200312/1071224729.html
>
>sigh. . .
>
>Magic ISO Maker is *Shareware*.
>http://www.download.com/3000-2646-10191803.html
>
>A small portion of it (MagicDisc Virtual DVD/CD-ROM) is free. If you
>want a challenge try finding the free app on the author's site. . .
>http://www.magiciso.com/

Wake up Susan!
http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-magicdisc-overview.htm
Hit No 1 with Google. :-)
--
Roger Hunt
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Newsreader - alternative to FreeAgent?
Next: Aging face