From: Slava Pestov on
On Jan 22, 4:58 am, Kaz Kylheku <kkylh...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> How about adding a new parameter to a function that is called
> from many places in a largeFactorprogram? Or adding keyword
> paramters to a function which hitherto doesn't have them?

Happens all the time. You ask the environment for the usages of this
function, and go through and update them.

> In a stack language, we get a mysterious stack underflow in some
> /other/ function. Good luck!

Factor has statically-checked parameter passing. If you change the
number of parameters taken by a function but forget to fix some of its
callers, the UI will show you compiler errors cross-referenced to
source.

Slava
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4