From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Tue, 18 May 2010 08:53:01 -0700, Emma
<Emma(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Oops I was mistaken and John was right. Use the expression builder and
you will see what you can and cannot do.
Populating this field in the associated form may be your best bet.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

From: David W. Fenton on
Tom van Stiphout <tom7744.no.spam(a)cox.net> wrote in

[in re: expressions as default values]

> Oops I was mistaken and John was right. Use the expression builder
> and you will see what you can and cannot do.

But doesn't the A2010 table-level data macro change this? You can
now have your custom Autonumber run at the engine level using one,
right?

Looks like a big win to me.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/