From: JS on
Greetings,
I am using the fax software that comes with XP and have had some faxes try
to come in and fail. I get the notification in the fax log, but it doesn't
show the number that it came from. Is there any way to find out who is
sending me faxes. If the faxes are successful, the incoming number appears
in the log.

Thanks,
Jim

From: smlunatick on
On Dec 10, 5:47 pm, "JS" <sivri...(a)nospamultravision.net> wrote:
> Greetings,
> I am using the fax software that comes with XP and have had some faxes try
> to come in and fail. I get the notification in the fax log, but it doesn't
> show the number that it came from. Is there any way to find out who is
> sending me faxes. If the faxes are successful, the incoming number appears
> in the log.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

I do believe that I did read once that the standard Caller ID from the
phone company is not used by XP modem drivers and there was never a
plan to make it work.