From: Todd on
Hi All,

Under Fedora Core 12, I have lost gdmsetup, so I have to
do it manually.

How do I:

1) How do I change the gdm greeter?

2) How do I configure automatic logon?

3) How do I configure everyone to login with Xfce
instead of gnome?

4) How do I configure the users that show up in the gdm greeter?

Many thanks,
-T
From: Alessandro Selli on
Il 08/08/2010 06:17, Todd ha scritto:
> Hi All,
>
> Under Fedora Core 12, I have lost gdmsetup, so I have to
> do it manually.
>
> How do I:
>
> 1) How do I change the gdm greeter?
>
> 2) How do I configure automatic logon?
>
> 3) How do I configure everyone to login with Xfce
> instead of gnome?
>
> 4) How do I configure the users that show up in the gdm greeter?

Todd, see if you can find your answers over here:
http://projects.gnome.org/gdm/docs/2.24/configuration.html

Greetings { (close#1) }

--
Alessandro Selli http://alessandro.route-add.net
AVVERTENZA: i messaggi inviati a "trappola" non mi arriveranno.
From: J G Miller on
On Saturday, August 7th, 2010 at 21:17:39h -0700, Todd asked:

> Under Fedora Core 12, I have lost gdmsetup, so I have to do it manually.

This configuration will be in the file /etc/gdm/gdm.conf
or for newer versions (2.30 onwards) of gdm in /etc/gdm/custom.conf

Note that in the bid to "simplify" gdm, the developpers have removed
a lot of configuration possibilities in the dumb down from 2.29 to 2.30.
From: Alessandro Selli on
Il 08/08/2010 16:37, J G Miller ha scritto:
> On Saturday, August 7th, 2010 at 21:17:39h -0700, Todd asked:
>>
>> Under Fedora Core 12, I have lost gdmsetup, so I have to do it manually.
>

> This configuration will be in the file /etc/gdm/gdm.conf
> or for newer versions (2.30 onwards) of gdm in /etc/gdm/custom.conf

Not so:

http://projects.gnome.org/gdm/docs/2.18/configuration.html
System configuration is stored in <share>/gdm/defaults.conf

http://projects.gnome.org/gdm/docs/2.20/configuration.html
GDM uses two configuration files: the GDM System Defaults Configuration
File (<share>/gdm/defaults.conf) and the GDM Custom Configuration File
(<etc>/gdm/custom.conf).

[...]

Previous to GDM 2.13.0.4 only the <etc>/gdm/gdm.conf existed.

> Note that in the bid to "simplify" gdm, the developpers have removed
> a lot of configuration possibilities in the dumb down from 2.29 to 2.30.

Indeed, and they haven't fully documented this change yet.

Greetings,

From: Todd on
On 08/07/2010 10:20 PM, Alessandro Selli wrote:
> Il 08/08/2010 06:17, Todd ha scritto:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Under Fedora Core 12, I have lost gdmsetup, so I have to
>> do it manually.
>>
>> How do I:
>>
>> 1) How do I change the gdm greeter?
>>
>> 2) How do I configure automatic logon?
>>
>> 3) How do I configure everyone to login with Xfce
>> instead of gnome?
>>
>> 4) How do I configure the users that show up in the gdm greeter?
>
> Todd, see if you can find your answers over here:
> http://projects.gnome.org/gdm/docs/2.24/configuration.html
>

> Greetings { (close#1) }

Thank you. Found question 2:

-T