From: jim on
Hi - I had my hard disk crash and just got a new computer. One feature that
is no longer works on the new one is an autocomplete feature when I'm
browsing for a file to open within excel.

for example, if I started typing "C:\my documents", as soon as I typed
"C:\m", the rest of the text would autopopulate.

I tried enabling autocomplete within internet explorer (check "use in-line
autocomplete" under tools / options / advanced but that doesn't work.

I'm using excel 2003 and windows xp version 5.1 service pack 3.
From: Vital_ar on
Dear Jim,
Pls check whether "Enable AutoComplete for cell Values" is checked/activated
or not in your Excel 2003

For this go to Tools-->Options-->Then click on Edit

Regards,

From: Homey on
do registry fix-

go here with regedit.exe program -
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\General

and change valu of "Use AutoComplete" to yes. with not there make new
string key.