From: Shanna on
I want to use a sound file I used for transition in another slide show but
can't locate it on my computer. Is there any way to find out where it's
location is on my computer from the slide show it is already used in? I tried
doing a search, but had no luck. Thanks for any help.
From: LVTravel on

"Shanna" <Shanna(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to use a sound file I used for transition in another slide show but
> can't locate it on my computer. Is there any way to find out where it's
> location is on my computer from the slide show it is already used in? I
> tried
> doing a search, but had no luck. Thanks for any help.

Open the old file and if the sound is embedded, save as an HTML file. The
images and sound files will be placed in the folder created in the location
you specify.

Depending on your version of Office (PowerPoint) open the file, find the
sound file icon (speaker icon and it may be behind an image or text box) on
the slide, right click on that icon. Click on Custom Animation, right click
on the name of the file in the window that opens. Click on Timings, Click
on the Sound Settings Tab and it will show the location of the non-embedded
file.

Let us know if this helps or we need to provide more assistance.

From: John Wilson on
Transition sounds are always embedded so you cannot recover the file
location. You can recover a copy of the file as LV says by saving as html or
do a search for the file name showing in the transition sound box which may
find it if it hasn't been modified/ deleted etc.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5115 (20100514) __________

http://www.eset.com