From: rusure on
I ran NOVATERM on a C128D and HYPERTERM to transfer files between
C= and WINDOWS XP systems. WINDOWS 7 doesn't have HYPERTERM.
Anbody know where to find a HYPERTERM substitute for a WIN 7 system?
From: Clocky on
rusure wrote:
> I ran NOVATERM on a C128D and HYPERTERM to transfer files between
> C= and WINDOWS XP systems. WINDOWS 7 doesn't have HYPERTERM.
> Anbody know where to find a HYPERTERM substitute for a WIN 7 system?

If you have another system with Hyperterm on it, why not simply copy it
across and add a desktop shortcut?

From: Jon on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PuTTY

From: Leif Bloomquist on

"Jon" <jon(a)no-email.org> wrote in message

> On 03/05/2010 3:27pm, rusure wrote:
>> I ran NOVATERM on a C128D and HYPERTERM to transfer files between
>> C= and WINDOWS XP systems. WINDOWS 7 doesn't have HYPERTERM.
>> Anbody know where to find a HYPERTERM substitute for a WIN 7 system?

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PuTTY
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

PuTTY's good on the terminal side, and I only just noticed they added a
serial option recently. But I don't think it supports Xmodem/Ymodem etc for
transferring files.

There are plenty of alternatives, but you can download Hyperterminal from
here. Probably a good choice since you're already familiar with it (30 day
trial though!)

http://www.hilgraeve.com/hyperterminal.html

From: J. Robertson on
On Mon, 3 May 2010 14:11:44 -0400, "Leif Bloomquist"
<spam(a)127.0.0.6400> wrote:

>PuTTY's good on the terminal side, and I only just noticed they added a
>serial option recently. But I don't think it supports Xmodem/Ymodem etc for
>transferring files.

I believe SyncTerm[1] has support for Xmodem/Ymodem/Zmodem. SyncTerm
is a pretty nice telnet program[2]. I've been using it for quite some
time.

Jason

[1] http://syncterm.bbsdev.net/
[2] SyncTerm also supports RLogin, SSH, RAW, modem, and direct serial
connections.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: C=4 Expo 2010