From: crital on
how come when i select to ad file and click and drag them to the story board
they do not stick, nothing happens. please help me!! Im new to this. what can
I do?
From: John Inzer on
crital wrote:
> how come when i select to ad file and click and drag them to the
> story board they do not stick, nothing happens. please help me!! Im
> new to this. what can I do?
====================================
Left click a file, hold the mouse button and drag.
When you begin dragging...your cursor will be a
circle with a slash...when the cursor changes to
an arrow with a + you should be able to drop the
file on the Storyboard by releasing the mouse
button.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: crital on

From: John Inzer on
crital wrote:
>> this still did not work it stay a circle and did not change, is ther
>> anything else i can do?
================================
This is not an issue I have seen before.

Just guessing.....

Maybe you have a problem with incompatible
source files.

Many formats are reportedly compatible with
Movie Maker but the most reliable choices are:

Photos - bmp
Video - wmv or dv-avi
Music - wma, wav, wmv

Or...you may need to update your video driver.

It may be worth a try to reduce your Graphics
Hardware Acceleration as per the instructions
in the following article.

XP...
(272193) PI: How to Troubleshoot
Graphics Issues
(scroll down to:
Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows XP)

If it improves the issue, you need to search the
support website of your Video adapter's mfg. for
an updated video driver.

In either case...be sure to return Acceleration
to full.

Good luck...

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP