From: Mauro Faccenda on
Hi mouss,

Thank you and Reinaldo very much for your help.

I'll take a look at it. ;)

Mauro

From: Mauro Faccenda on
Hi Reinaldo,

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Reinaldo de Carvalho
<reinaldoc(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Mauro Faccenda <faccenda(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Alternative to that patch? I did some searches and as far as I could
>> see, none of the alternatives (that I've found) could reject the
>> message in SMTP. I think it's nice to not generate bouncing
>> messages/backscatter. But if someone have an alternative besides that,
>> it's always welcome.
>>

> 1. http://postfixquotareject.ramattack.net/

I took a look at it and, unless I missunderstood, I'll need to add a
line for each mailbox in the database and that's inviable for my
setup.

Also I droped the use of the VDA patches, since it implements
everything in Postfix's LDA and I am actually using the Dovecot's
(deliver).

> 2. Write a policyd to check the quota and reject the message.

Can you recommend me any documentation/tips for doing it?

Once again, thanks.

Mauro

From: Robert Schetterer on
Am 22.03.2010 20:05, schrieb Mauro Faccenda:
> Hi Reinaldo,
>
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Reinaldo de Carvalho
> <reinaldoc(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Mauro Faccenda <faccenda(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Alternative to that patch? I did some searches and as far as I could
>>> see, none of the alternatives (that I've found) could reject the
>>> message in SMTP. I think it's nice to not generate bouncing
>>> messages/backscatter. But if someone have an alternative besides that,
>>> it's always welcome.
>>>

>> 1. http://postfixquotareject.ramattack.net/
>
> I took a look at it and, unless I missunderstood, I'll need to add a
> line for each mailbox in the database and that's inviable for my
> setup.
>
> Also I droped the use of the VDA patches, since it implements
> everything in Postfix's LDA and I am actually using the Dovecot's
> (deliver).
>

>> 2. Write a policyd to check the quota and reject the message.
>
> Can you recommend me any documentation/tips for doing it?
>
> Once again, thanks.
>
> Mauro

Hi i didnt analyse
postfixquotareject.ramattack.net deeply yet
but with dovecot lda deliver you can have
all quota stuff in mysql so
it should be possible
to have a policy daemon using dovecot-quota-mysql
dont know if postfixquotareject can be used for that yet
but its code should be a possible example layout for writing
a policy server for dovecot-quota-mysql
i will test this in the near future

i have vda patch up and running too without any problems but my goal
ist using the policy server variant as it feels more code clean to postfix

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria

From: Robert Schetterer on
Am 22.03.2010 21:53, schrieb Robert Schetterer:
> Am 22.03.2010 20:05, schrieb Mauro Faccenda:
>> Hi Reinaldo,
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Reinaldo de Carvalho
>> <reinaldoc(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>>> 1. http://postfixquotareject.ramattack.net/
>>
>> I took a look at it and, unless I missunderstood, I'll need to add a
>> line for each mailbox in the database and that's inviable for my
>> setup.
>>
>> Also I droped the use of the VDA patches, since it implements
>> everything in Postfix's LDA and I am actually using the Dovecot's
>> (deliver).
>>

>>> 2. Write a policyd to check the quota and reject the message.
>>
>> Can you recommend me any documentation/tips for doing it?
>>
>> Once again, thanks.
>>
>> Mauro
>
> Hi i didnt analyse
> postfixquotareject.ramattack.net deeply yet
> but with dovecot lda deliver you can have
> all quota stuff in mysql so
> it should be possible
> to have a policy daemon using dovecot-quota-mysql
> dont know if postfixquotareject can be used for that yet
> but its code should be a possible example layout for writing
> a policy server for dovecot-quota-mysql
> i will test this in the near future
>
> i have vda patch up and running too without any problems but my goal
> ist using the policy server variant as it feels more code clean to postfix

found this one as test layout

http://mirror.thoma.cc/postfix/pqpd/pqpd.txt

dont know but looks better as a code start
for me fitting my needs

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria

From: Mauro Faccenda on
Hi Robert,

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Robert Schetterer
<robert(a)schetterer.org> wrote:
[snip]
>>> 1. http://postfixquotareject.ramattack.net/
>>
>> I took a look at it and, unless I missunderstood, I'll need to add a
>> line for each mailbox in the database and that's inviable for my
>> setup.

[snip]

> Hi i didnt analyse
> postfixquotareject.ramattack.net deeply yet
> but with dovecot lda deliver you can have
> all quota stuff in mysql so
> it should be possible
> to have a policy daemon using dovecot-quota-mysql
> dont know if postfixquotareject can be used for that yet
> but its code should be a possible example layout for writing
> a policy server for dovecot-quota-mysql
> i will test this in the near future
>
> i have vda patch up and running too without any problems but my goal
> ist using the policy server variant as it feels more code clean to postfix

My setup uses LDAP (MS Active Directory) as a backend. I need that
when someone creates a user in the AD and sets it's e-mail address,
automatically that account can receive e-mails.

I'm using the Dovecot LDA (deliver) quota management and it's working
properly, but I'd like to reject messages in SMTP time, so the sender
can have a comprehensive error message without needing to send him a
bounce messages.

Right now, I can silently drop the message with 'deliver'. It's not
the ideal situation that I'd like to have, but it's already
acceptable.

Thank you for your attention. ;)

Mauro