From: Mike H on
Hi,

You posted in programming but I think this is a worksheet method your after.

The ARRAY formula returns the position of that last space in a string so for
the character after you would add +1 at the end

=MAX((MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("A1:A"&LEN(A1))),1)="
")*ROW(INDIRECT("A1:A"&LEN(A1))))

This is an array formula which must be entered by pressing CTRL+Shift+Enter
'and not just Enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly brackets
'around the formula {}. You can't type these yourself. If you edit the formula
'you must enter it again with CTRL+Shift+Enter.
--
Mike

question.

From: Mike H on