From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Martin_Zvar=EDk?= on
Dne 25.8.2010 22:32, Vinay Kannan napsal(a):
> Hello Guys,
>
> Wanted to know if there is a way for us to find out, when a user moves away
> from our website( closing the window and entering a different url in the
> address bar )
>
> closing the window i guess, we could use the javascript onclose or something
> similar but for the user moving away from my website by entering a different
> URL is what i would like to be able to find out.
>
> Thanks,
> Vinay

Hi,
you can use: window.onunload function()

In this function you can add an AJAX that sends a server request that
the user left.

I used it for administration and it worked in 80% of cases - sometimes
the request is just not sent.

Martin
From: Vinay Kannan on
Thank you everyone window.onunload() function works perfect, thats what I
was looking for !!

Thanks,
Vinay Kannan.