From: John Kaufmann on
In a message dated 2010.06.08 13:14 -0500, Marius Popa wrote:

>>> Again, I referred to the option that warns me if I wrote a certain
>>> sentence before while I write the same sentence later.
>>>
>> You mean like a redundancy alarm? Where have you seen such an option?
>
> I did not see the option anywhere, but I thought that such an option could
> be useful for any user because it could save any user's time by warning him
> if a sentence is repeated.

As Mike said, such a function is non-trivial: Do you want it invoked
every time you end a sentence? - applying only to exact-character
replications, or allowing for some fuzziness in characters or even
words? Does it apply to phrases? Of what minimum length? etc...

There's a reason why this is a not a standard word processing function.
It's not just hard to program - though a simple 8-bit CRC hash on each
sentence would not be difficult nor use much processing power - but even
harder to use unambiguously: There would likely be no end of user
complaints and suggestions for enhancement.

John

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Marius Popa on
Finally, I believe that an option called "Duplicate sentence finder", like
duplicate-finder programs, should be placed in the same Edit menu to do the
task I already mentioned to you.

--
Marius Popa
From: Mike Scott on
Marius Popa wrote:
> Finally, I believe that an option called "Duplicate sentence finder", like
> duplicate-finder programs, should be placed in the same Edit menu to do the
> task I already mentioned to you.
(snip)

(Top-posting is frowned upon; mixing top and bottom is disastrously
muddly. Hence the big snip. Please try to keep to the conventions!
They're there for good reason!!)

I reckon you are one of very, very few who would find such an option
useful, and there are many more-deserving areas for the scarce resources
available for OOo development. Now might be a good time for you to get
out the coding manual and contribute......

--
Mike Scott

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Marius Popa on
How can I contribute to the development of OpenOffice.org if I am an usual
user?

From: Tony Pursell on
On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 18:55 +0300, Marius Popa wrote:
> How can I contribute to the development of OpenOffice.org if I am an usual
> user?

Go to

http://contributing.openoffice.org/

for full information on how you can help.

Tony