From: vl on
Hello,
I have a trouble trying to open binary file with fopen in Pocket PC 2003
emulator. I tried
fopen("\\Temp\\test", "r")
fopen("/Temp/test", "r")
fopen("\\\\Temp\\test", "r")
fopen("file://Temp/test", "r")
and some other permutations of path. In each case I had "no such file"
error.
Can someone advise what the problem might be?
Thank you,
-V

From: r_z_aret on
On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 04:20:53 -0800, vlyamtsev(a)gmail.com (vl) wrote:

>Hello,
>I have a trouble trying to open binary file with fopen in Pocket PC 2003
>emulator. I tried
>fopen("\\Temp\\test", "r")
>fopen("/Temp/test", "r")
>fopen("\\\\Temp\\test", "r")
>fopen("file://Temp/test", "r")
>and some other permutations of path. In each case I had "no such file"
>error.
>Can someone advise what the problem might be?

Sure looks like a problem with UNICODE to me. Try using
L"\\Temp\\Test", etc.

Windows CE (and platforms like Pocket PC built on it) is heavily
biased towards UNICODE, so almost all functions that take strings take
UNICODE strings. If this is, indeed, the problem, then I _strongly_
recommend taking time to understand UNICODE; otherwise you will waste
a lot of your time tracking down bugs. You can start by using google
(http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&) to look up
unicode
in this newsgroup.

>Thank you,
>-V

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: Ernst Sauer on
vl schrieb:
> Hello,
> I have a trouble trying to open binary file with fopen in Pocket PC 2003
> emulator. I tried fopen("\\Temp\\test", "r")

This should work, I did it very often.
I never had a problem with it.
Has your file no extension?

Ernst