From: VTkelly on
Let's say I'm creating a form that a non tech savvy used car dealer uses to
enter his newly acquired vehicles to the excel workbook. Each sheet of the
workbook is a unique model year of the car. (That would allow him to quickly
refer to all vehicles of a given year.) On the input form, I would like
validation such that if he selected "2006" from the drop down list of vehicle
years, the data from the form would be AUTOMATICALLY be added to sheet
"2006", regardless of which sheet is currently showing at the time. What
would the code look like? I suspect it may require several rows of "if ' '
=" sorta statements.
From: Roger Govier on
Hi

Don't!!

Enter all of the data onto one sheet, with a column for Year, then turn
the data into a List (XL2003) or a Table (XL2007)

XL2003>palace cursor within data area>Data>List>click my List has headers
XL200t>palace cursor within data area>Insert tab>Table>click my Table
has headers

You will now have dropdowns at the head of each column.
Use the dropdown on Year to select 2006, and you will see a filtered
list of all 2006 Cars

Similarly, if one of the column headings is Fuel, with entries of petrol
or diesel, then the list can be quickly filtered to show only the cars
of a given fuel type

Equally, you can choose to sort the whole set of data by any of the
column headings you have used for your table.
--
Regards
Roger Govier