From: Saeed on
Hi people

i am trying to format the hard drive and to installal micorsoft xp
proffession i put the cd in and boot it with the cd before it gives me the
option to format i get a blue screen with the following error

stop c0000221 unknown hard error \systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll

could anyone hel please

regards
Saeed
From: DL on
If this a clean install, ie you deleted any partitions first, then likely
its a hardware problem
Hard disk, maybe memory

From: John John on
If you are getting that error you are not booting to the CD-ROM, you are
booting to the hard disk. Go in the BIOS and change the boot order so
that the computer boots to the cd before the hard disk.

John

Saeed wrote:

> Hi people
>
> i am trying to format the hard drive and to installal micorsoft xp
> proffession i put the cd in and boot it with the cd before it gives me the
> option to format i get a blue screen with the following error
>
> stop c0000221 unknown hard error \systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll
>
> could anyone hel please
>
> regards
> Saeed

Pages: 1