From: dp on
Excel 2007. I've read other threads but somehow the answer eludes me.
All I need is shaded row(s) if the answer in E is "done" then shade that row.
Simple spreadsheet cols A-E, rows 6-35. Formula ...?

I can get the cell to shade with Equal to

From: T. Valko on
>Excel 2007
>cols A-E, rows 6-35.
>if the answer in E is "done" then shade that row.

Select the *entire* range A6:E35 starting from cell A6. Cell A6 will be the
active cell. The active cell is the one cell in the selected range that is
not shaded. The formula will be relative to the active cell.

Goto Home tab>Styles>Conditional Formatting>Manage rules>New rule>Use a
formula to determine which cells to format
Enter this formula in the box below:
=$E6="done"
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Chip Pearson on
Select the cells that you want to shade, open the CF dialog, choose
Formula and enter

=E1="done"

Change E1 to the first row to be shaded. The formatting needs to be
applied to all the cells in the rows, not just the cells in column E.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

From: JLatham on
Select cells A6:E35 and use Conditional Formatting and Formula is
type this in as the formula:
=$E6="done"
choose the shading you want and hit [OK].

From: dp on
Thanks for your time. I thought I tried that but apparently not, cause now
it;s fine!!