From: ChuckF on
I have a 12 page pricelist. Recently we made changes to the last 4
pages of this sheet. I am not getting ready to have the last 4 pages
printed and sent to my customers so that they can simply replace the
last 4 pages, leaving the first 8 in tact.

I copied the last 4 pages into a new book, and need the page numbers
to read 9 of 12, 10 of 12 ect. However, because the pages are in a new
book I can only figure out how to have it say 1 of 4, 2 of 4 and so
on.

Basically, I need to change the footer to read 9 of 12, 10 of 12, 11
of 12 and 12 of 12, but this is only a 4 page sheet.

Any thoughts?
From: ChuckF on
Nevermind, I found it...thanks anyway.
From: JLatham on
Custom Footer:
in the section for the footer where you want the page number, hit the page
icon which should insert
&[Page]
and immediately type
+8 of 12
and voila! you're done.

So the entry might look something like:
&[Page]+8 of 12

"ChuckF" wrote:

> I have a 12 page pricelist. Recently we made changes to the last 4
> pages of this sheet. I am not getting ready to have the last 4 pages
> printed and sent to my customers so that they can simply replace the
> last 4 pages, leaving the first 8 in tact.
>
> I copied the last 4 pages into a new book, and need the page numbers
> to read 9 of 12, 10 of 12 ect. However, because the pages are in a new
> book I can only figure out how to have it say 1 of 4, 2 of 4 and so
> on.
>
> Basically, I need to change the footer to read 9 of 12, 10 of 12, 11
> of 12 and 12 of 12, but this is only a 4 page sheet.
>
> Any thoughts?
> .

Pages: 1
Prev: formula for CF