From: cufc1210 on
I need to know what formula to use for this hope someone can help
in cell A2 i have a percentage value.

I want cell B2 to display a value of 1 or 0

1 if the value in cell A2 is above 10% or below -10%
and
0 if the value in Cell A2 is between 10% and -10%

hopefully this makes sense

I have approximately 500 cells giving me a variance and at the moment i have
to manually check them before adding them all up so any help would be much
appreciated and would save me a lot of manual work
From: Andre C on
In cell B2 have this formula =if(abs(a2)>10%,1,0)
Copy down as needed

From: ed on

From: ed on
wrote:
> I need to know what formula to use for this hope someone can help
> in cell A2 i have a percentage value.
>
> I want cell B2 to display a value of 1 or 0
>
> 1 if the value in cell A2 is above 10% or below -10%
> and
> 0 if the value in Cell A2 is between 10% and -10%
>
> hopefully this makes sense
>
> I have approximately 500 cells giving me a variance and at the moment i have
> to manually check them before adding them all up so any help would be much
> appreciated and would save me a lot of manual work

Put the following formula in cell B2 then copy if down the column,
assuming your other test cells are in column B.

ed
From: ed on
On Apr 24, 8:19 pm, ed <edcos...(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Apr 24, 4:31 pm, cufc1210 <cufc1...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>

> > I need to know what formula to use for this hope someone can help
> > in cell A2 i have a percentage value.
>
> > I want cell B2 to display a value of 1 or 0
>
> > 1 if the value in cell A2 is above 10% or below -10%
> > and
> > 0 if the value in Cell A2 is between 10% and -10%
>
> > hopefully this makes sense
>
> > I have approximately 500 cells giving me a variance and at the moment i have
> > to manually check them before adding them all up so any help would be much
> > appreciated and would save me a lot of manual work- Hide quoted text -

Put the following formula in cell B2 =(or(A1<.1,A2>.1)1,0)

ed