From: UKMAN on
hi

Filtering is not an option :)
I have a table that shows skill titles across the columns e3:cz3 and staff
names down c4:c103, for each name and skill there will be a value between 1 &
4 see example below

C E

Name Excel

Colin 3

I need to insert the finding into a bespoke report that if I select a skill
(from a drop down list) the report will list the names and associated value

Skill title drop down is k5

name is k8, skill value is j8

Cheers in advance
From: Max on
Indicatively, perhaps a basic Index(area, match(row),match(col))
Something like this:
=Index(e4:cz103,match(k8,c4:c103,0),match(k5,e3:cz3,0))
I'm not sure where your 3rd variable (skill value j8) comes in though, w/o a
clearer picture of your sample data layout. Give it a try 1st ..
--
Max
Singapore