From: Dee on
Hello,

I would like to set up a spreadsheet where I have a call with a total number
of paqs that I have in inventory. I have a column called Units where I enter
the units a customer orders. I would like to have excel subtract the number
of units in the Units column from the cell where I have the total number of
paqs. For instance, I have a cell that says I have 100 paqs in stock. Each
time I sell a paq to a customer I add their name and the number of units sold
Customer Units Date
Name 1 02/10/10
Name 3 02/10/10
How do I get excel to subtract the number of units from the cell that
contains the total number of units.

Thanks very much for your help.

Best regards

Dee
From: Teethless mama on
D1: holds 100 pags

C1: =D1-SUM(B:B)

"Dee" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to set up a spreadsheet where I have a call with a total number
> of paqs that I have in inventory. I have a column called Units where I enter
> the units a customer orders. I would like to have excel subtract the number
> of units in the Units column from the cell where I have the total number of
> paqs. For instance, I have a cell that says I have 100 paqs in stock. Each
> time I sell a paq to a customer I add their name and the number of units sold
> Customer Units Date
> Name 1 02/10/10
> Name 3 02/10/10
> How do I get excel to subtract the number of units from the cell that
> contains the total number of units.
>
> Thanks very much for your help.
>
> Best regards
>
> Dee