From: ju.c on
The best free and open public news server is "freenews.netfront.net".

Here are some help pages:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/what-is/part1/

http://www.binaryfeeds.com/

http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Usenet/Public_News_Servers/

ju.c

From: KG on

Thank you all for your replies. Things now appear to be back to normal.

*****************

From: VanguardLH on
KG wrote:

> Being it appears that "eternal-september.org" has gone off the air are there any suggestions as to
> another free news server to replace it, and to help Forte Agent APN news server?
> *****************
> Thank You kgsAT(a)msbx.net
>
> To reply to this email please remove the AT
> after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.
>
> "Can't we all just get along"
> Quote from Brett G

Learn how to correctly configure your newsreader (Forte Agent). NOTHING of
what you meant to put into your signatue (instructions to send e-mail and
your fluff and possibly randomized quote) are in a signature because there
is no sigdash delimiter line ("-- \n"). Just wandering through the user-
configurable options in a program usually has you finding the appropriate
one to set.

For help on a free NNTP server, ask in the alt.free.newsservers group. If
you look at the headers of my post, you'll see which one that I use.

For help with your specific newsreader, the news.software.readers group
might provide help. I have never visited any of the forte groups to know if
they are of any value.
From: Bert Hyman on
In news:npkiu5d40aiip6oj5mach5harpiqvi4hkl(a)4ax.com KG <kgsAT(a)msbx.net>
wrote:

> Being it appears that "eternal-september.org" has gone off the air

You shouldn't be so impatient.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com
From: Bruce Chambers on
KG wrote:
> Being it appears that "eternal-september.org" has gone off the air are there any suggestions as to
> another free news server to replace it, and to help Forte Agent APN news server?
> *****************
> Thank You kgsAT(a)msbx.net

X-Privat.Org News server Free public usenet site
https://www.x-privat.org/freenews_en.php

Aioe.org USENET Server
http://www.aioe.org/

--