From: KG on
Being it appears that "eternal-september.org" has gone off the air are there any suggestions as to
another free news server to replace it, and to help Forte Agent APN news server?
*****************
Thank You kgsAT(a)msbx.net

To reply to this email please remove the AT
after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

"Can't we all just get along"
Quote from Brett G
From: Bob I on
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=free+news+servers&aq=f&aqi=g8g-m2&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=bd61394807512b3c

From: boatman312 on
On 05/11/10 8:58 AM, KG wrote:
> Being it appears that "eternal-september.org" has gone off the air are there any suggestions as to
> another free news server to replace it, and to help Forte Agent APN news server?
> *****************
> Thank You kgsAT(a)msbx.net

eternal-september has been down a couple of times in the last week, but
they're up now. I did have to re-log in on one computer though.
From: Paul on
boatman312 wrote:
> On 05/11/10 8:58 AM, KG wrote:
>> Being it appears that "eternal-september.org" has gone off the air are
>> there any suggestions as to
>> another free news server to replace it, and to help Forte Agent APN
>> news server?
>> *****************
>> Thank You kgsAT(a)msbx.net
>
> eternal-september has been down a couple of times in the last week, but
> they're up now. I did have to re-log in on one computer though.

Where I am right now, E-S isn't in DNS any more!

I thought Ray Banana had already finished his server transition,
so any DNS screwups should be done with.

DNS problems sometimes take a few days to sort out.

Paul
From: Tim Slattery on
Paul <nospam(a)needed.com> wrote:

>Where I am right now, E-S isn't in DNS any more!

Your message was posted at 10:26 EDT. I was getting that same result
when I was trying to read from E-S an hour or so earlier. But right
now (12:14pm EDT), they're back, and I'm getting articles from them.
So they were having some kind of temporary glitch.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T(a)bls.gov