From: happytoday on
How can I transfer whole directory with its subdirectories ?
Still I need to a file transfer protocol between windows and Solaris
other than ftp. Something like rcp but between windows and Solaris .
From: Ian Collins on
On 06/22/10 10:17 AM, happytoday wrote:
> How can I transfer whole directory with its subdirectories ?
> Still I need to a file transfer protocol between windows and Solaris
> other than ftp. Something like rcp but between windows and Solaris .

There are several SCP clients for windows.

--
Ian Collins
From: Barry OGrady on
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:17:57 -0700 (PDT), happytoday
<ehabaziz2001(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>How can I transfer whole directory with its subdirectories ?
>Still I need to a file transfer protocol between windows and Solaris
>other than ftp. Something like rcp but between windows and Solaris .

What's wrong with FTP?

From: Robert Gruener on
Am 22.06.10 00:17, schrieb happytoday:
> How can I transfer whole directory with its subdirectories ?
> Still I need to a file transfer protocol between windows and Solaris
> other than ftp. Something like rcp but between windows and Solaris .

WinSCP might be useful and rsync works between Solaris and Windows as well.
Also you can use Cygwin or parts of it. There is a ssh port for windows,
which includes bash and ssh, so scp is available.
Have a look at www.itefix.no

--

Cheers / Gruesse

Robert
From: Robert Gruener on
Am 22.06.10 04:17, schrieb Barry OGrady:
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:17:57 -0700 (PDT), happytoday
> <ehabaziz2001(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How can I transfer whole directory with its subdirectories ?
>> Still I need to a file transfer protocol between windows and Solaris
>> other than ftp. Something like rcp but between windows and Solaris .
>
> What's wrong with FTP?

Maybe security? And the standard ftp client does not work with directories.

--

Cheers / Gruesse

Robert