From: Phil on
Some of our customers don't have internet access on the machine that will
run our software, so I include the full redistributable version of the
dotnet framework 3.5 SP1. A customer in Germany is reporting that the
framework is not installing properly.
Does this version not include support for all the languages?
Is there a separate location to download the full version in different
languages?
I tried changing the language setting on this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en
but the link at the bottom to download the full version does not change.

From: Hovhannes Terteryan on
Refer to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Language Packs

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=41c61d2a-d411-4dde-9013-bb08eb688bb6

Also pay attention on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928637

hovo

From: Hovhannes Terteryan on
For v3.5:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8489ed13-b831-4855-96f7-dd35e4c02a20&displaylang=en

From: Phil on
Hello,

Thanks for your reply. The articles that you refer to you suggest that the
language packa are optional, and not actually required. Therefore I don't
think this is relevant to this particular problem. I suspect that the
language issue is a red-herring and that there is something else odd about
this particular user's PC that is causing the problem with the dotnet
install. Hopefully therefore it is just a one-off problem.

Cheers,
Phil.

"Hovhannes Terteryan" <hovhannes.terteryan(a)eucalyptsystems.com> wrote in
message news:uGhej1D0KHA.4492(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...