From: Anton Zakitniy on
Hello!
Forgive me if my question is stupid and english is not native for me.,
but it worries me!
I'm not very experienced
programmer. I really like C + + and I want to become a good
programmer.
But something that bothers me.
Will C + + language is enough demand in the near future?
Will it continue to use many, many companies and many, many projects,
not only for operating systems and games?
I not want to C + + is outdated so soon and C# will take up positions
at the C + +.
I would be happy to know the answer from a programming guru!

I wish you all the best!

From: Martin B. on
Anton Zakitniy wrote:
> Hello!
> Forgive me if my question is stupid and english is not native for me.,
> but it worries me!
> I'm not very experienced
> programmer. I really like C + + and I want to become a good
> programmer.
> But something that bothers me.
> Will C + + language is enough demand in the near future?
> Will it continue to use many, many companies and many, many projects,
> not only for operating systems and games?
> I not want to C + + is outdated so soon and C# will take up positions
> at the C + +.

C++ is here to stay. Not "only" for embedded stuff, but also when I look
at desktop OSes I can't see C# (or Java, or Python) replacing it.
Also it may actually gain some strength due to more mobile devices.
So if you're interested in C++, learn it.

cheers,
Martin

From: Olivier Delannoy on
On Jun 22, 12:43 am, Anton Zakitniy <rivasga...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
> Forgive me if my question is stupid and english is not native for me.,
> but it worries me!
> I'm not very experienced
> programmer. I really like C + + and I want to become a good
> programmer.
> But something that bothers me.
> Will C + + language is enough demand in the near future?
> Will it continue to use many, many companies and many, many projects,
> not only for operating systems and games?
> I not want to C + + is outdated so soon and C# will take up positions
> at the C + +.
> I would be happy to know the answer from a programming guru!
>
> I wish you all the best!

{ quoted banner removed;
please, do it yourself. really. -mod }

Hello,
I don't think it really matters to be honest. If you know C++ deep
enough and dig enough to understand how it works underneath, you will
be able to jump from one language to another really easily. It does
not make such a big difference whether it is C++, any of its managed
equivalent, or a completely different language. Also don't worry C is
still around in big companies and widely use the same goes for C++. If
you are good at C++ you will be able to jump from one language to
another really easily.

Regards,
Olivier

From: SG on
On 22 Jun., 01:43, Anton Zakitniy wrote:
> Hello!
> Forgive me if my question is stupid and english is not native for me.,
> but it worries me!
> I'm not very experienced
> programmer. I really like C + + and I want to become a good
> programmer.
> But something that bothers me.
> Will C + + language is enough demand in the near future?
> Will it continue to use many, many companies and many, many projects,
> not only for operating systems and games?
> I not want to C + + is outdated so soon and C# will take up positions
> at the C + +.
> I would be happy to know the answer from a programming guru!

I think the consensus is that even though application areas of the
languages overlap, there are still applications for which C++ is a
good choice. I don't see this changing anytime soon. If you want to be
a good programmer you might want to learn more than one programming
language anyway.

Cheers!
SG

From: cpp4ever on
On 06/22/2010 12:43 AM, Anton Zakitniy wrote:
> Hello!
> Forgive me if my question is stupid and english is not native for me.,
> but it worries me!
> I'm not very experienced
> programmer. I really like C + + and I want to become a good
> programmer.
> But something that bothers me.
> Will C + + language is enough demand in the near future?
> Will it continue to use many, many companies and many, many projects,
> not only for operating systems and games?
> I not want to C + + is outdated so soon and C# will take up positions
> at the C + +.
> I would be happy to know the answer from a programming guru!
>
> I wish you all the best!

C++ is not about to be outdated any time soon, so that's not a worry.
But gaining the required knowledge and experience for companies to
consider employing you will be difficult. Most people will tell you to
get involved in freeware development, where you can gain valuable
experience and plenty of help. Even with my C++ knowledge I find it
hard, as I lack experience in multi threading and use of libraries like
Boost. So may I wish you every success, which I'm sure, with
persistence, will come.

Regards

JB