From: David DEMELIER on
Hi,

I just wanted to try games/connect4 but it segfaults here on FreeBSD
8.1-RELEASE and amd64.

It's a long backtrace so I think you should try it by yourself.

Kind regards.

--
Demelier David

From: Chip Camden on
Quoth David DEMELIER on Friday, 06 August 2010:
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to try games/connect4 but it segfaults here on FreeBSD
> 8.1-RELEASE and amd64.
>
> It's a long backtrace so I think you should try it by yourself.
>
> Kind regards.
>
> --
> Demelier David

seg faults for me, too -- but with no backtrace. I'm on 8.1-STABLE
amd64.

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden | sterling(a)camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com | http://chipsquips..com
From: Anonymous on
David DEMELIER <demelier.david(a)gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to try games/connect4 but it segfaults here on FreeBSD
> 8.1-RELEASE and amd64.
>
> It's a long backtrace so I think you should try it by yourself.

Hmm, I have a very short one here, on gdb71 + gcc45.

0x00000000004031ac in envmesg (environ=0x7fffffff9550, message=0x4038aa <error reading variable>) at c4.c:841
841 *(int *)last = 0; /* clean out last word */
(gdb) bt f
#0 0x00000000004031ac in envmesg (environ=0x7fffffff9550, message=0x4038aa <error reading variable>) at c4.c:841
last = 0xffffffffffffa0fc <Address 0xffffffffffffa0fc out of bounds>
address = 0x7fffffff9370 <error reading variable>
#1 0x00000000004011d2 in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffff9360, envp=0x7fffffff9370) at c4.c:60
move = 1
square = -27792
winner = 3
temp = 8

The pointers seem bogus. I've tried to compile the port with -m32 and it works.
So, it should be marked BROKEN on amd64.

From: Anonymous on
Anonymous <swell.k(a)gmail.com> writes:

> The pointers seem bogus. I've tried to compile the port with -m32 and it works.
> So, it should be marked BROKEN on amd64.

Since no one seems to care I've filed ports/149406.

From: Christian Weisgerber on
Anonymous <swell.k(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> The pointers seem bogus. I've tried to compile the port with -m32 and it works.
> So, it should be marked BROKEN on amd64.

No, it should be fixed. I'll take a look at it.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy(a)mips.inka.de