From: Jonno Downes on
On Apr 15, 5:34 am, Glenn Holmer <glenn.hol...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> http://lyonlabs.org/commodore/geoLink/geoLink.html

Nifty!

I'm well impressed you managed to parse the IRC protocol in 6502 asm -
I couldn't see how to make sense of it all without using regexes.

BTW can you give Per a credit for ip65? - it's his code more than
mine.

Cheers

Jonno
From: Glenn Holmer on
On Apr 15, 5:23 pm, Jonno Downes <jonno...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW can you give Per a credit for ip65? - it's his code more than
> mine.

I'll add him to the info box in the next release.
From: Dmackey828 on
On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:34:19 -0700 (PDT), Glenn Holmer
<glenn.holmer(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>http://lyonlabs.org/commodore/geoLink/geoLink.html

Thats Sweet, Works great, Nice Job Glenn.

Really do appreciate your work on this project. Well done.
From: mrtinbspam on
On 14 Apr., 21:34, Glenn Holmer <glenn.hol...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> http://lyonlabs.org/commodore/geoLink/geoLink.html

I like this very much. A TCP/IP stack in GEOS - WOW!

Currently the TCP/IP stack and the applications are in the same VLIR
application file.

If I want to use the TCP/IP stack in my software, I imagine this
solution:

- TCP/IP is configured buy running geoLink application.
- My application loads VLIR records from geoLink application that
implements TCP/IP.
- My application calls public rutines in TCP/IP stack.

Is this the correct approach?

/mrtinb
From: Glenn Holmer on
On Apr 16, 3:31 am, "mrtinbs...(a)gmail.com" <mrtinbs...(a)gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 14 Apr., 21:34, Glenn Holmer <glenn.hol...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://lyonlabs.org/commodore/geoLink/geoLink.html
>
> I like this very much. A TCP/IP stack in GEOS - WOW!
>
> Currently the TCP/IP stack and the applications are in the same VLIR
> application file.
>
> If I want to use the TCP/IP stack in my software, I imagine this
> solution:
>
> - TCP/IP is configured buy running geoLink application.
> - My application loads VLIR records from geoLink application that
> implements TCP/IP.
> - My application calls public rutines in TCP/IP stack.
>
> Is this the correct approach?

geoLink depends on a slightly modified version of ip65 built to load
from $2e00-$5fff. A separate program ("geoLinkEmbed" on the source
code disk) then writes that binary to VLIR record 9 of geoLink so it
can use its own overlay code to load it (the same technique is used
for the monospace font). Actually calling into ip65 is non-trivial,
since a) you have to be careful to bank in I/O space when talking to
the network card and b) callbacks are registered against ip65. Also,
you need to poll the card regularly (geoLink does it every 250ms using
a GEOS process). There's more information in the slides from the World
of Commodore presentation (available on my site).

Having said all that, I can provide a copy of the binary if there's
interest (or you can extract it from VLIR record 9 of geoLink), but
your best bet is to print out the source code and study it. I can help
with questions, and try to stay present in #geos on NewNet.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: XPander-3 Progress
Next: RAM under $D000-DFFF?