From: Glenn Holmer on
http://lyonlabs.org/commodore/geoLink/geoLink.html
From: redrumloa on
On Apr 14, 3:34 pm, Glenn Holmer <glenn.hol...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> http://lyonlabs.org/commodore/geoLink/geoLink.html

Cool, I was hoping IRC support would be added.Will this run in 128
mode Geos? I assume maybe 40 column 128 mode? 80 column 128 mode would
be sweet, as would Wheels / MP3 support.
From: Glenn Holmer on
On Apr 14, 4:53 pm, redrumloa <amiga...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Apr 14, 3:34 pm, Glenn Holmer <glenn.hol...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://lyonlabs.org/commodore/geoLink/geoLink.html
>
> Cool, I was hoping IRC support would be added.Will this run in 128
> mode Geos? I assume maybe 40 column 128 mode? 80 column 128 mode would
> be sweet, as would Wheels / MP3 support.

It is not supported on a 128, although you are welcome to try. It was
written for the '64.

As for Wheels or MP3, there is a version check that will fail if you
are using a version of GEOS less than 2.0, but if a higher version
number is found, it will proceed with a warning (may or may not work).
From: Groepaz on
Glenn Holmer wrote:

> http://lyonlabs.org/commodore/geoLink/geoLink.html

just tried it, congrats on that one.... the first geos app ever that spawned
my interest =)

pro:
- worked just fine with no hazzle whatsoever using dhcp
- no petscii/ascii fuckups like the contiki client had :)

con:
- the screen updates appear to be very slow, on a busy channel it can hardly
keep up even :/ it would be interesting to add a speed optimized "soft 80"
routine to it, how hard (or even possible?) would that be?

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org http://magicdisk.untergrund.net
http://www.pokefinder.org http://ftp.pokefinder.org

Bad officials are the ones elected by good citizens who do not vote.
<George Jean Nathan>

From: Glenn Holmer on
On Apr 15, 12:24 pm, Groepaz <groe...(a)gmx.net> wrote:
> just tried it, congrats on that one.... the first geos app ever that spawned
> my interest =)

It's a miracle!

> - the screen updates appear to be very slow, on a busy channel it can hardly
> keep up even :/ it would be interesting to add a speed optimized "soft 80"
> routine to it, how hard (or even possible?) would that be?

The text drawing is being done by GEOS itself (PutString) using an
embedded font, and will sometimes change to boldface (e.g. actions) or
italic (PMs). So the font style is one concern; the other is the
amount of memory it would take to implement a soft 80 (compared to
using the GEOS APIs). Note also that the scrolling is being done by
moving screen memory rather than by reprinting the characters. We've
all seen what 80 columns looks like on a '64... :( My hope was that
the 9 x 5 character cells (when plaintext) would be a happy medium.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: XPander-3 Progress
Next: RAM under $D000-DFFF?