Prev: update tables
Next: ciao
From: J_Goddard via AccessMonster.com on
Hi -

You could also try the MS Access function Environ, which returns the current
value of a specified Environment variable. Since you are on a network, there
is almost certainly going to be an environment variable with the current user
login name. For example, on my network,

environ("username") returns my login name.

Might work for you, if all your users are in the same environment.

John

--
John Goddard
Ottawa, ON Canada

From: xbound on
Yes it is. Even if it is not, I don't think one would get "Compile Error"

Right now, the Compile Error pops up at the moment when Stepping Into the
line "Function fOSUserName() As String"; while at the same time the
debugger would highlight "LEFT$" several lines down. Then can't go on
anymore.

"Gina Whipp" <NotInterested(a)InViruses.com> wrote in message
> xbound,
>
> Is your database in a Trusted Location?
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TrustedLocation.htm
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "xbound" <ekwong999(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I run the thing today and it's NOT working again. Really frustrating....
>
> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested(a)InViruses.com> wrote in message
>> Glad to hear all is well!
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "xbound" <ekwong999(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I've posted back last week but for some reason it's not showing up.
>>
>> Thanks for all the responses. After applying SP2, the compile error
>> went
>> away. Things like this is really hard to troubleshoot ......
>>

>> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested(a)InViruses.com> wrote in message
>>> Mark,
>>>
>>> Hopefully, the OP will post back. I found I had to run my Access 2003
>>> in
>>> compatiblity mode, aslo 64 bit but my Access 2007 is fine as long as in
>>> Trusted Location. But all we can do is wait and see...
>>> --
>>> Gina Whipp
>>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>>
>>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>>> Tremors
>>> II
>>>
>>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>>
>>> "Mark Andrews" <mandrews___NOSPAM___(a)rptsoftware.com> wrote in message
>>> Mine is 64bit. Not in compatibility mode. However I'm not the one with
>>> the
>>> issue.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 15:11:58 -0800, "xbound" <ekwong999(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>Yes it is. Even if it is not, I don't think one would get "Compile Error"
>
>Right now, the Compile Error pops up at the moment when Stepping Into the
>line "Function fOSUserName() As String"; while at the same time the
>debugger would highlight "LEFT$" several lines down. Then can't go on
>anymore.

This appears to be the very common References bug. Open any
module in design view, or open the VBA editor by typing
Ctrl-G. Select Tools... References from the menu. One of the
..DLL files required by Access will probably be marked
MISSING. Uncheck it, recheck it, close and open Access.

If none are MISSING, check any reference; close and open
Access; then uncheck it again. This will force Access to
relink the libraries.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com on
Its generally recommended that environmental variables not be used for this.
I use:

''''module basGetUser''''
''''module starts''''
Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

Declare Function GetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "GetUserNameA" (ByVal _
lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long

Public Function GetUser() As String

Dim strBuffer As String
Dim lngSize As Long, lngRetVal As Long

lngSize = 199
strBuffer = String$(200, 0)

lngRetVal = GetUserName(strBuffer, lngSize)

GetUser = Left$(strBuffer, lngSize - 1)

End Function
''''module ends''''

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

From: Gina Whipp on
Silly me.. John is correct it is a Reference issue...

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

Yes it is. Even if it is not, I don't think one would get "Compile Error"

Right now, the Compile Error pops up at the moment when Stepping Into the
line "Function fOSUserName() As String"; while at the same time the
debugger would highlight "LEFT$" several lines down. Then can't go on
anymore.

"Gina Whipp" <NotInterested(a)InViruses.com> wrote in message
> xbound,
>
> Is your database in a Trusted Location?
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TrustedLocation.htm
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "xbound" <ekwong999(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I run the thing today and it's NOT working again. Really frustrating....
>
> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested(a)InViruses.com> wrote in message
>> Glad to hear all is well!
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "xbound" <ekwong999(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I've posted back last week but for some reason it's not showing up.
>>
>> Thanks for all the responses. After applying SP2, the compile error
>> went
>> away. Things like this is really hard to troubleshoot ......
>>

>> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested(a)InViruses.com> wrote in message
>>> Mark,
>>>
>>> Hopefully, the OP will post back. I found I had to run my Access 2003
>>> in
>>> compatiblity mode, aslo 64 bit but my Access 2007 is fine as long as in
>>> Trusted Location. But all we can do is wait and see...
>>> --
>>> Gina Whipp
>>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>>
>>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>>> Tremors
>>> II
>>>
>>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>>
>>> "Mark Andrews" <mandrews___NOSPAM___(a)rptsoftware.com> wrote in message
>>> Mine is 64bit. Not in compatibility mode. However I'm not the one with
>>> the
>>> issue.
>>> Mark
>>>
>>> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested(a)InViruses.com> wrote in message

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: update tables
Next: ciao