From: news.edisontel.com on
Hello all,

Someone could help me on how to get the unicode character in the
OEMTextOut implementation when (pstro->flAccel & SO_GLYPHINDEX_TEXTOUT)
is true.

Thanks in advance
From: Bobby Mattappally [MS] on

--------------------
From: "news.edisontel.com" <software(a)ditron.net>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers
Subject: get unicode character OEMTextOut

Hello all,

Someone could help me on how to get the unicode character in the
OEMTextOut implementation when (pstro->flAccel & SO_GLYPHINDEX_TEXTOUT)
is true.

Thanks in advance

There is not always a 1:1 mapping between glyph indices and character codes
and vice versa.
This is expecially true with international character sets like Hebrew,
Arabic etc.

So once you get this as SO_GLYPHINDEX_TEXTOUT, your driver should handle
the glyph itself instead of trying to convert it back to Unicode.

Thank you,
Bobby Mattappally
Microsoft

From: jack on
Since I am writing a postscript printer driver that must to capture all
the text present in the document in order to save the original document
and a file that has only the text part of the original one.
I thought to do this catching all the call to the OEMTextOut function
but seems that this is not always possible.
Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks
Jack

Pages: 1