From: glen herrmannsfeldt on
James Van Buskirk <not_valid(a)comcast.net> wrote:
(snip)

> I poled around a little and found that the thumb drive letter can be
> given by %cd:~0,2%

As far as I can tell, that gives the disk that the current
directory is on. I suppose that is useful, but cd \ will
also change to the root of the current disk.

-- glen
From: Gib Bogle on
Sjouke Burry wrote:
> James Van Buskirk wrote:
>> "Paul Thomas" <paul.richard.thomas(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Out of curiosity, during an extremely boring meeting, I downloaded and
>>> extracted the equation.com gcc-4.5.0 snapshot package onto a memory
>>> stick. I thought that this would be a good test because I have
>>> absolutely no administrator rights on my work laptop :-)
>>
>>> It worked perfectly. I tried compiling and running a few progams and
>>> encountered no problems. One nice feature of this package is that it,
>>> as well as gcc, gfortran and g++, comes with all sorts of bits and
>>> pieces like gdb, make etc..
>>
>>> http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?call=fortran
>>
>> The www.equation.com package is the most usable of the Windows x64
>> ones (g95 doesn't have a Windows x64 version), and installation
>> really is a snap, but it does write to your PATH variable (and
>> maybe EQ_LIBRARY_PATH -- but maybe I did that myself). So maybe
>> the installation on that stick won't work on another machine.
>> What I like to do is to create a new command prompt and point it
>> at a new *.BAT file. Here is one for 32-bit gfortran:
>>
>> @echo off
>> Title Build environment for 32-bit gfortran equation solutions
>> set
>> path=C:\gcc_equation32\bin;C:\gcc_equation32\libexec\gcc\i386-pc-mingw32\4.5.0;%path%
>>
>> set
>> EQ_LIBRARY_PATH=C:\gcc_equation32\i386-pc-mingw32\lib;%EQ_LIBRARY_PATH%
>
> Out of curiosity, I installed the pack in your suggested
> C directory.
> I am only used to MS forten 5.1 on dos, so do you have a
> "hello world" kind of program with batch or make example to
> compile/link? Just to get started, here or email(replace nulnulfour,
> and remove double letters in last part).

hello.f90:

write(*,*) 'Hello world'
end

From: Sjouke Burry on
Gib Bogle wrote:
> Sjouke Burry wrote:
cut
>> Out of curiosity, I installed the pack in your suggested
>> C directory.
>> I am only used to MS forten 5.1 on dos, so do you have a
>> "hello world" kind of program with batch or make example to
>> compile/link? Just to get started, here or email(replace nulnulfour,
>> and remove double letters in last part).
>
> hello.f90:
>
> write(*,*) 'Hello world'
> end
>
> >gfortran hello.f90 -o hello.exe

Thanks.
From: Phred Phungus on
FX wrote:

> But I only follow development of gfortran from far away, nowadays, so
> I'll let others comment.

"Nowadays" hasn't been a sufficiently-large number of days that you are
some distant, Einsteinian observer. Maybe 250?

> (PS: Looking at the website, it seems like g95 development is slow these
> days.)

I'm a little concerned for Andy. As far as I know, no one has had
contact with him for 6 months. I'm happy to find out that my notions
are parochial.

He said he was traveling, but he has kids, and kids in Arizona go to
school, so the whole thing doesn't make sense to me.

Pommes fritz,
--
fred
From: FX on
> "Nowadays" hasn't been a sufficiently-large number of days that you are
> some distant, Einsteinian observer. Maybe 250?

More like 560 by my estimate (since 2008-08).

> He said he was traveling, but he has kids, and kids in Arizona go to
> school, so the whole thing doesn't make sense to me.

I remember someone saying that he was buying a home and working on make
it inhabitable (man, a developer who can work with tools?!)

> Pommes fritz,

Don't tempt me!

--
FX