From: Bigos on
Hi,

I didn't give up yet. I was a bit busy with my day job so didn't have
chance to post anything for a while.

At the moment I am trying to write a Linux console application. I
already have worked out how to do few things in Lisp, but I couldn't
find answer to the following question:

How do I grab key presses from a console application in Linux without
having to press Enter?

I mean something like read-char, without having to press Enter.

Also I am willing to consider some alternatives, for example some
simple GUI tool-kit.

From: Lars Rune Nøstdal on
Define "console application". How would you do it in C to begin with?

(hint: it's the same way in Lisp; check out CFFI and create your own
bindings or look for some already existing bindings like perhaps cl-
ncurses)
From: vanekl on
Linedit is an example of one way of doing it.
http://common-lisp.net/project/linedit/

From: Bigos on
On 13 Nov, 02:50, vanekl <va...(a)acd.net> wrote:
> Linedit is an example of one way of doing it.http://common-lisp.net/project/linedit/

Thank you for both answers I will have a look at the subject today, or
over the weekend.
From: Bigos on
On Nov 13, 9:27 am, Bigos <ruby.obj...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 13 Nov, 02:50, vanekl <va...(a)acd.net> wrote:
>
> > Linedit is an example of one way of doing it.http://common-lisp.net/project/linedit/
>
> Thank you for both answers I will have a look at the subject today, or
> over the weekend.

I had no success so far. I can't find documentation with examples that
would help me to bite into linedit and cn-ncurses. I'm giving up on
trying to do it in Terminal window, and will check cliki for other GUI
options that newbie like me can use.