From: Taf® on
On 08/08/2010 22:52:25... zerostress (reply(a)newsgroup.invalid) wrote :
SNIP
> .... I have decided to use
> folders and use irfanview to view/search. This has the added bonus of making
> it portable as I will be using an ext hd.
> Thanks again for your swift reply.

In the same way You can have use *XnView*
http://www.xnview.com/en/index.html
more or less same features of Irfanview (..IMHO a little bit more...
;-) ). Also this one works in portable mode.
Here below a short "how-to" from winpenpack site
http://www.winpenpack.com/main/download.php?view.516
[CITATION]
extract the ZIP package to any folder of your choice, before the first
run of xnview.exe, please create a xnview.ini file in the program
folder with the following content:

[Cache]
SavingMode=1

[Start]
ParamsSavingMode=1
SavingMode=1

[/CITATION]

other nice programs (natively portable) with good visualization
features:
*Plumeria Image sorter*
http://plumeria.sourceforge.net/

*ArtSage* (very tiny)
http://www.xworks.ca/artsage/index.html

*Pic Viewer*
http://www.webxpace.com/software/freeware.shtml#PicViewer

here a couple of links to other portabilized proggies:
*X-Cornice*
http://www.winpenpack.com/main/download.php?view.1120

*X-PicView*
http://www.winpenpack.com/main/download.php?view.1226

hope this helps! ;-)

--
ByE bYe By Taf� - WinPenPack Team Member - FREE USB SW -
http://www.winpenpack.com