From: zerostress on
Hi All
I have a collection of scans + pictures + would like to be able to
access/seach them easily. Is there a freeware DB available. At the
moment they are in jpeg,png,gif formats but I can convert them all to
png if needed.
Thanks in anticipation.
--
regards ZS

Killing all posts from Google Groups.

Using e-mail, not Royal Mail.
[More reliable, greener, faster, cheaper + NO STRIKES]

BOTBAIT

abuse(a)google.com abuse(a)gmai.com abuse(a)googlegroups.com
From: Craig on
On 08/07/2010 05:11 AM, zerostress wrote:
> Hi All
> I have a collection of scans + pictures + would like to be able to
> access/seach them easily. Is there a freeware DB available. At the
> moment they are in jpeg,png,gif formats but I can convert them all to
> png if needed.
> Thanks in anticipation.

Picasa3 does well for easy access/search.

--
-Craig
From: zerostress on
On 07/08/2010 15:54, Craig wrote:
> On 08/07/2010 05:11 AM, zerostress wrote:
>> Hi All
>> I have a collection of scans + pictures + would like to be able to
>> access/seach them easily. Is there a freeware DB available. At the
>> moment they are in jpeg,png,gif formats but I can convert them all to
>> png if needed.
>> Thanks in anticipation.
>
> Picasa3 does well for easy access/search.

Thanks Craig,
I checked it out, but unfortunately I am very anti google (and others)
and will not use their software, only as a last resort. I have decided
to use folders and use irfanview to view/search. This has the added
bonus of making it portable as I will be using an ext hd.
Thanks again for your swift reply.

From: Frank Hahn on
zerostress <reply(a)newsgroup.invalid> wrote in news:jOE7o.131252$tB1.76574
@hurricane:

> I checked it out, but unfortunately I am very anti google (and others)
> and will not use their software, only as a last resort. I have decided
> to use folders and use irfanview to view/search. This has the added
> bonus of making it portable as I will be using an ext hd.
> Thanks again for your swift reply.

Another possibility is Digikam which can be found here:

http://www.digikam.org/

It requires some KDE libraries. To install, go to:

http://windows.kde.org/

I was able to get Digikam installed with a minimal install. If you want to
take a test drive, you could install it in a virtual machine.

--
Frank Hahn
From: zerostress on
On 09/08/2010 00:30, Frank Hahn wrote:
> zerostress<reply(a)newsgroup.invalid> wrote in news:jOE7o.131252$tB1.76574
> @hurricane:
>
>> I checked it out, but unfortunately I am very anti google (and others)
>> and will not use their software, only as a last resort. I have decided
>> to use folders and use irfanview to view/search. This has the added
>> bonus of making it portable as I will be using an ext hd.
>> Thanks again for your swift reply.
>>
> Another possibility is Digikam which can be found here:
>
> http://www.digikam.org/
>
> It requires some KDE libraries. To install, go to:
>
> http://windows.kde.org/
>
> I was able to get Digikam installed with a minimal install. If you want to
> take a test drive, you could install it in a virtual machine.

Thanks Frank, I will tak a look.