From: Craig Deady on
wx 2.6.3
gcc GTK2 debug
Linux Fedora core 5

I am trying to get xrc to work on an application. I load the .xrc file
but only get a blank frame.
When the "Get()->LoadFrame" line executes I get the following warning in
the console window:

Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkPizza to a
GtkWindow, but as a GtkBin subclass a GtkWindow can only contain one
widget at a time; it already contains a widget of type GtkPizza

Then when the frame is shown, I get the following:
Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_drawable_get_depth: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAWABLE
(drawable)' failed

Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_paint_flat_box: assertion `style->depth ==
gdk_drawable_get_depth (window)' failed

I am new to wxWidgets and xrc, so I am sure I am missing something simple.

Thanks
Craig

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Sergei Steshenko on

--- Craig Deady <cdeady(a)systems-shop.com> wrote:

> wx 2.6.3
> gcc GTK2 debug
> Linux Fedora core 5
>
> I am trying to get xrc to work on an application. I load the .xrc file
> but only get a blank frame.
> When the "Get()->LoadFrame" line executes I get the following warning in
> the console window:
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkPizza to a
> GtkWindow, but as a GtkBin subclass a GtkWindow can only contain one
> widget at a time; it already contains a widget of type GtkPizza
>
> Then when the frame is shown, I get the following:
> Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_drawable_get_depth: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAWABLE
> (drawable)' failed
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_paint_flat_box: assertion `style->depth ==
> gdk_drawable_get_depth (window)' failed
>
> I am new to wxWidgets and xrc, so I am sure I am missing something simple.
>
> Thanks
> Craig

> For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

I'm not 100% sure, but, I think, you need a harmless intermediate widget,
like, for example, Gtk2::Table (I work with gtk2-perl).

And then you'll add your gtkPizzas as cell contents of that 1 row x N columns
table.

The table may have 0-width border, so it's invisible.

--Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Craig Deady on
Sergei,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to me.

I am not using gtkPizza on purpose. I don't even know what it is. I am
just loading the XRC file and it results in this. I think that what you
are saying is that I may need more sizers. The problem is that I am
trying to create a user interface for a machine and the display will be
static, meaning that nothing will be resized. Also, not all things are
visible on the screen and with sizers when I hide something in the
middle, the other objects move.

The XRC file is being created by DialogBlocks and I have compiled the
the screen app there and it runs OK without the gtk errors. I am using
the exact same libraries in my version of the app. Also, I am following
the same steps to load the same XRC file.

Craig

--
Craig Deady
cdeady(a)systems-shop.com

C & D Systems
118 England Rd.
Rochester, NH 03867-4616 USA
Tel: +1 603-330-3939
Fax: +1 603-330-0556
www.systems-shop.com

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

Pages: 1
Prev: from DLL events
Next: wxTreeMultiCtrl