From: Paul on
thai bear wrote:
> Laptop Fujitsu-seimens amilo L-7300
> PCMCIA network card= DWL-G650_revC
> Operating System: Windows XP Home
>
> hello, I want some help with the above pcmcia card. fist of all I am a tech
> so I know what i am doing... I am using the latest driver only from windows
> update, VERSION 5.3.0.46, and NOT the dlink utility I have never installed
> the dlink ulility since it creates more problems.
>
> This card has a strange problem with CPU usage, this is very apparent using
> the Microsoft utility called process explorer. This is like an advanced task
> manager. from there i can see that the hardware interrupts and the deferred
> procedure calls are hogging up the cpu making the laptop extremely slow.
>
> see screenshot:
>
> http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/274/clipboard01nm1.png
>
> searching Google I have found many people report this same strange behavior
> with this card and or other devices...
>
> however many cant find solutions or many have found totally different
> solutions..
> I have tried almost everything, and I also contacted d-link, but their
> support gave me only generic replies that I had tried by my own.
> I also tried older drivers, with no luck.
>
> ONE STRANGE THING, is that when I connect to another wireless network in
> another location that is slower (11mb) and working in AD HOC mode,
> this problem goes away!!!
>
> Please tell me what to do to resolve this issue...
>
> this laptop is freshly formatted and works fine without the card or if its
> disabled...
>
> thanks in advance

First off, Windows Update is not a good place to get drivers. The
drivers on there, seem to cause nothing but grief.

I checked the DLink site, and the G650 rev.c download for WinXP looks pretty
old. You should still try it though, in case the older driver does not
have the problem.

The Atheros chipset used in the PCMCIA wireless card is a popular one.
From the PCI.ids file, these are all the products listed using the chipset.
The INF file in the driver download, will contain further information
not listed here. The PCI.ids is maintained by volunteers, and is not
an official copy of the PCI registry.

168c Atheros Communications, Inc.
0007 AR5000 802.11a Wireless Adapter
0011 AR5210 802.11a NIC
0012 AR5211 802.11ab NIC
0013 AR5212 802.11abg NIC
1113 d301 Philips CPWNA100 Wireless CardBus adapter
1186 3202 D-link DWL-G650 (Rev B3,B5) Wireless cardbus adapter
1186 3203 DWL-G520 Wireless PCI Adapter
1186 3a12 D-Link AirPlus DWL-G650 Wireless Cardbus Adapter(rev.C) <-----
1186 3a13 D-Link AirPlus DWL-G520 Wireless PCI Adapter(rev.B)
1186 3a14 D-Link AirPremier DWL-AG530 Wireless PCI Adapter
1186 3a17 D-Link AirPremier DWL-G680 Wireless Cardbus Adapter
1186 3a18 D-Link AirPremier DWL-G550 Wireless PCI Adapter
1186 3a63 D-Link AirPremier DWL-AG660 Wireless Cardbus Adapter
1186 3a93 Conceptronic C54I Wireless 801.11g PCI card
1186 3a94 C54C Wireless 801.11g cardbus
1186 3ab0 Allnet ALL0281 Wireless PCI Card
1385 4d00 Netgear WG311T Wireless PCI Adapter
1458 e911 Gigabyte GN-WIAG02
14b7 0a60 8482-WD ORiNOCO 11a/b/g Wireless PCI Adapter
1668 1026 IBM HighRate 11 a/b/g Wireless CardBus Adapter
168c 0013 AirPlus XtremeG DWL-G650 Wireless PCMCIA Adapter
168c 1025 DWL-G650B2 Wireless CardBus Adapter
168c 1027 Engenius NL-3054CB ARIES b/g CardBus Adapter
168c 1042 Ubiquiti Networks SuperRange a/b/g Cardbus Adapter
168c 2026 Netgate 5354MP ARIES a(108Mb turbo)/b/g MiniPCI Adapter
168c 2041 Engenius 5354MP Plus ARIES2 b/g MiniPCI Adapter
168c 2042 Engenius 5354MP Plus ARIES2 a/b/g MiniPCI Adapter
168c 2051 TRENDnet TEW-443PI Wireless PCI Adapter
16ab 7302 Trust Speedshare Turbo Pro Wireless PCI Adapter
17cf 0042 Z-COMAX Highpower XG-622H (400mw) 802.11b/g mini-PCI Adapter
185f 1012 CM9 Wireless a/b/g MiniPCI Adapter
185f 2012 Wistron NeWeb WLAN a+b+g model CB9
001a AR5005G 802.11abg NIC

The AR5212 is the baseband processor chip. A radio chip goes with it, to make
a complete solution. The complete solution is called AR5002X, consisting of
AR5212 (which the driver will reference in its INF as VEN_168C&DEV_0013) and
the radio chip AR5112.

http://www.atheros.com/pt/bulletins/AR5002%20spec%20sheet.pdf

I provided this information, so you could locate a supplier other than
Dlink, that happens to have a later Atheros driver. I looked on the Atheros
site, and they don't have driver downloads.

BTW - I couldn't get your imageshack.us picture to load.

Paul