From: MEM on
Hello all,

I must confess I know the very basics on this language and have even less
knowledge about http headers. I wish you could help me out on this:

I have a form that sends html e-mails and an optional file as attachment.
The issue is that, if the file is NOT send, the e-mail receives two times
the same content, one that gets read by the mail clients as HTML properly,
and, a literal print of my $message string variable that contains:

<head>
</head>
<boby>

I believe that the reason for this lies on the $header options, probably on
line number 8 ?

Here is the, what I believe, is the relevant code:

http://pastebin.com/5ywdK0UU

What should I do, to avoid this extra <html> code on the e-mail messages ?

Thanks in advance,
Márcio
From: Nathan Rixham on
MEM wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I must confess I know the very basics on this language and have even less
> knowledge about http headers. I wish you could help me out on this:

mime headers not http :)

> I have a form that sends html e-mails and an optional file as attachment.
> The issue is that, if the file is NOT send, the e-mail receives two times
> the same content, one that gets read by the mail clients as HTML properly,
> and, a literal print of my $message string variable that contains:

> <head>
> </head>
> <boby>
>

> I believe that the reason for this lies on the $header options, probably on
> line number 8 ?
>
> Here is the, what I believe, is the relevant code:
>
> http://pastebin.com/5ywdK0UU

I've had a quick look and this: http://pastebin.com/RswEBPLd may work;
if not though you want to view the source of an email from anywhere
which displays correctly; and the source of one from your application -
then compare to get the fix :)

Regards!
From: "MEM" on
> I've had a quick look and this: http://pastebin.com/RswEBPLd may work;
> if not though you want to view the source of an email from anywhere
> which displays correctly; and the source of one from your application -
> then compare to get the fix :)
>
> Regards!

Thanks Nathan, I will give it a try.

Mime headers is what I should look for, ok. :)
I found weird having more than 1 content-type defined, and more than one
decoding method defined as well.

I will do my part and try the code you give, try to understand the changes,
do some testing, and now, search MIME Headers.

Maybe the issue could also lie on conditional placement/logic parts, here
the block code in the complete context:
http://pastebin.com/NjC1C3U9

Best Regards,
Márcio