From: Dave on
Hi

Please help on the following issue:

I have to check if one of the check boxes in the following cells is
checked I need a macro that checks if the check box in cell G14 is
checked in sheet Account Tracker. If its checked then I want to do the
formula in G17, if the check box in H14 is checked I want to do the
formula in h17 & if the checkbox in I14 is checked I want to do the
formula in cell I17.

A second thing I need is that based on the above logic as there will
be only one set of values in g17 or h17 or i17 .If the values in g17
or h17 or i17 are negative than I want to do the calculation in j18

thanks in advance
From: JLatham on
If you used the checkboxes from the Forms toolbar and not from the Control
Toolbox, you can Link the checkbox to a cell in the workbook. In this case
you could link the checkboxes to the cell behind them, as to G14,H14 and I14.

Format the checkboxes to have a solid fill and it'll hide the contents of
the cell behind it. When a box is checked, its linked cell holds TRUE and if
it is unchecked then it holds FALSE.

So at G17, your formula could be something like:
=IF(G14=True,A1+B4-3,"") or =IF(G14=True,A1+B4-3,0)

Same for the formulas at H17 and I 17, just have them test the appropriate
linked cell.

As for J18, the formula to test for any one of G17, H17 or I17 being
negative would be:
=IF(OR(G17<0,H17<0,I17<0),your formula here,0)

And if you didn't use the checkboxes from the Forms toolbar, well, I'd give
serious consideration to doing so - it'll make your life much easier in this
situation. Otherwise we have to write code for each of the checkboxes from
the Controls Toolbox to get along with this.

"Dave" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please help on the following issue:
>
> I have to check if one of the check boxes in the following cells is
> checked I need a macro that checks if the check box in cell G14 is
> checked in sheet Account Tracker. If its checked then I want to do the
> formula in G17, if the check box in H14 is checked I want to do the
> formula in h17 & if the checkbox in I14 is checked I want to do the
> formula in cell I17.
>
> A second thing I need is that based on the above logic as there will
> be only one set of values in g17 or h17 or i17 .If the values in g17
> or h17 or i17 are negative than I want to do the calculation in j18
>

> thanks in advance
> .

Pages: 1
Prev: Max length of variable name?