From: moonpie on

i've got an XP machine with the delta1010LT soundcard. I'm trying to
install a new driver for it, but, the m-audio site says the old driver
must be completley removed first.

I've looked and looked on their site, and theres only sort of
half-baked instructions on how to do this.

Has anyone here ever uninstalled an M-audio soundcard driver in XP?

If so, any advice? or instructions?

From: moonpie on
On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 18:30:54 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:

>The killer robot moonpie <mr_rc_moonpie(a)yahoo.com> grabbed the controls
>of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> i've got an XP machine with the delta1010LT soundcard. I'm trying to
>> install a new driver for it, but, the m-audio site says the old driver
>> must be completley removed first.
>>
>> I've looked and looked on their site, and theres only sort of
>> half-baked instructions on how to do this.
>>
>> Has anyone here ever uninstalled an M-audio soundcard driver in XP?
>>
>> If so, any advice? or instructions?
>
>I'm not at my DAW right now, but it seems like there is an uninstall
>program in the M-Audio folder. That said, I've zillions of times just
>installed the new driver over the old one. In fact I did just that about
>a month ago, and had no problems.

the last time i did that, suddenly my latecy slider was greyed out.
The MAudio site does warn that if the old driver is not FULLY
uninstalled first, and I'm not sure exactly what that means, issues
like mine might occur.
From: moonpie on
On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 19:12:35 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:

>The killer robot moonpie <mr_rc_moonpie(a)yahoo.com> grabbed the controls
>of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>>>I'm not at my DAW right now, but it seems like there is an uninstall
>>>program in the M-Audio folder. That said, I've zillions of times just
>>>installed the new driver over the old one. In fact I did just that
>>>about a month ago, and had no problems.
>>

>> the last time i did that, suddenly my latecy slider was greyed out.
>> The MAudio site does warn that if the old driver is not FULLY
>> uninstalled first, and I'm not sure exactly what that means, issues
>> like mine might occur.
>
>Navigate in Windows Explorer to the M-Audio folder in Program Files. I'm
>pretty positive you will find the uninstall .exe file is in there.

will try that.... website also mentioned killing a couple of .dll
files that might still be remaining in the system32 folder

and then deleting "any occurrence" of m-audio.

then mentioned the registry.

From: moonpie on
On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 22:58:28 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:

>In news:jqm93612au3vs2lf5hu2tk3ssskdsgbuqi(a)4ax.com the killer robot
>moonpie <mr_rc_moonpie(a)yahoo.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
>cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>>>Navigate in Windows Explorer to the M-Audio folder in Program Files.
>>>I'm pretty positive you will find the uninstall .exe file is in there.
>>

>> will try that.... website also mentioned killing a couple of .dll
>> files that might still be remaining in the system32 folder
>>
>> and then deleting "any occurrence" of m-audio.
>>
>> then mentioned the registry.
>
>I'm at my DAW now and the exact path and filename are . . .
>
>C:\Program Files\M-Audio\Delta Series\DeltaUninstaller.exe

thanks, I got home and saw the same thing.
From: Ted Perlman on
<it seems like there is an uninstall program in the M-Audio folder. That
said, I've zillions of times just
> installed the new driver over the old one.>

Same here. All M-Audio drivers come with a utility to uninstall the previous
driver if it's still there.

--

Regards,

Ted Perlman
Producer-Arranger-Guitarist-Composer-Engineer
www.tedperlman.com
www.myspace.com/tedperlman
www.facebook.com/ted.perlman