From: Jo-Anne on
I upgraded to a new version of Avira AntiVir (version 10) on my WinXP fully
updated computer, and the first full scan found one hidden object. Yet the
report says no viruses or unwanted programs were found. Version 9 never
found any hidden objects.

I tried to Google hidden objects but found mainly games--and many entries
for Avira version 10 finding these items.

My questions: What are hidden objects--and should I worry about them? For
what it's worth, I believe the report item is this:

Starting search for hidden objects.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Services\NtmsSvc\Config\Standalone\drivelist
[NOTE] The registry entry is invisible.

Thank you very much!

Jo-Anne

From: GrtArtiste on
On Jun 5, 1:39 pm, "Jo-Anne" <Jo-AnneATnowhere.com> wrote:

> My questions: What are hidden objects--and should I worry about them? For
> what it's worth, I believe the report item is this:
>
> Starting search for hidden objects.
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Services\NtmsSvc\Config\Standalone\drivelist
>     [NOTE]      The registry entry is invisible.

I wouldn't worry about them unless there is undesirable behavior that
you can't otherwise explain. I usually get 3-4 indications of hidden
objects. No problems here so far.

GrtArtiste
From: Jo-Anne on
Thank you!