From: Associates on
Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to hide the whole textbox control and does
not leave big space when it has no data/value in the Access report.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
From: Duane Hookom on
Define "big space". Do you mean horizontally or vertically?
Have you set the text box Can Shrink property to Yes?

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

From: Associates on
Thank Duane for your reply.

By "big space", I mean horizontally big space like the example below

textbox control 1
textbox control 2
textbox control 3

if there is no data/value for textbox control 2, it shows like the following
in the report

electronic

aerospace

There is a blank line in between electronic and aerospace in the report as
result of textbox control 2 contains no data.

What I hope to see is as follows

electronic
aerospace

the vacant line is replaced by the data in textbox control 3.

I wonder if this is feasible in Access report.

Thank you in advance

From: Duane Hookom on
What you are describing is vertical not horizontal.

I asked a question in my previous post that you did not answer.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

From: Associates on
Thank you Duane for your reply.

Sorry that I misunderstood your question regarding horizontal or vertical.
Thanks for clarifying that.

The other question I did not realise that I had not answered it. Sorry about
that.

I did try to use the "can shrink" property and set it to Yes and it still
leaves that gap (blank lines) in the report.

However, what i have done now is i have downsized the textbox control to
some extent that you can only see a tiny box. It works allright but not that
perfect. I think I can live with that.

If you have any other ideas you think that may work for me, I am more than
happy to appreciate it.

Thank you once again for your help