From: Co on
Hi All,

I know there are so many questions on this issue but mine is just a
little different.
What I am trying to establish is the following:
The user clicks Alt-Q which opens a form with a listbox with years on
it.
When he chooses a year the form closes and in my continious form it
jumps to the
first record of that year. Now the little arrow in the recordselector
shows which record
it is but I would like to have the whole record highlighted (like when
you click with the
mouse on the recordselector).
How can I simulate the mouse click or highlight the record for that
matter?

My code:

Private Sub Keuzelijst1_AfterUpdate()

Dim int1 As Integer
Dim str1 As String
Dim lngTop As Long

int1 = 4
str1 = "Left([BriefNr]," & int1 & ")"

varJaar = Keuzelijst1.value

With Forms!FrmTabelTotaal!subFrmTabelTotaal.Form
lngTop = .SelTop
.RecordsetClone.FindLast (str1 & " = '" & varJaar & "'")
.SelTop = lngTop
If Not .RecordsetClone.NoMatch Then
.Bookmark = .RecordsetClone.Bookmark
End If
.Form_Click

End With
DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name, acSaveNo

End Sub

Regards
Marco
The Netherlands
From: Jon Lewis on
Try DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord in the continuous form's On Activate
event.

Jon

From: Co on
On 11 aug, 11:23, "Jon Lewis" <jon.le...(a)cutthespambtinternet.com>
wrote:
> Try DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord in the continuous form's On Activate
> event.
>
> Jon
>
> "Co" <vonclausow...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi All,
>
> > I know there are so many questions on this issue but mine is just a
> > little different.
> > What I am trying to establish is the following:
> > The user clicks Alt-Q which opens a form with a listbox with years on
> > it.
> > When he chooses a year the form closes and in my continious form it
> > jumps to the
> > first record of that year. Now the little arrow in the recordselector
> > shows which record
> > it is but I would like to have the whole record highlighted (like when
> > you click with the
> > mouse on the recordselector).
> > How can I simulate the mouse click or highlight the record for that
> > matter?
>
> > My code:
>
> > Private Sub Keuzelijst1_AfterUpdate()
>
> > Dim int1 As Integer
> > Dim str1 As String
> > Dim lngTop As Long
>
> > int1 = 4
> > str1 = "Left([BriefNr]," & int1 & ")"
>
> > varJaar = Keuzelijst1.value
>
> > With Forms!FrmTabelTotaal!subFrmTabelTotaal.Form
> >    lngTop = .SelTop
> >    .RecordsetClone.FindLast (str1 & " = '" & varJaar & "'")
> >    .SelTop = lngTop
> >    If Not .RecordsetClone.NoMatch Then
> >        .Bookmark = .RecordsetClone.Bookmark
> >    End If
> >    .Form_Click
>
> > End With
> > DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name, acSaveNo
>
> > End Sub
>
> > Regards
> > Marco
> > The Netherlands- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

Jon thanks for the response.

There are two things. The form I use is not a continious one its
actually Datasheet, my mistake.
I put the code in the Current event because the On Active didn't work.

It does highlight the record now but when I try to scroll through the
records the highlight dissapears.

Marco
From: Jon Lewis on

wrote:
> Try DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord in the continuous form's On
> Activate
> event.
>
> Jon
>
> "Co" <vonclausow...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi All,
>
> > I know there are so many questions on this issue but mine is just a
> > little different.
> > What I am trying to establish is the following:
> > The user clicks Alt-Q which opens a form with a listbox with years on
> > it.
> > When he chooses a year the form closes and in my continious form it
> > jumps to the
> > first record of that year. Now the little arrow in the recordselector
> > shows which record
> > it is but I would like to have the whole record highlighted (like when
> > you click with the
> > mouse on the recordselector).
> > How can I simulate the mouse click or highlight the record for that
> > matter?
>
> > My code:
>
> > Private Sub Keuzelijst1_AfterUpdate()
>
> > Dim int1 As Integer
> > Dim str1 As String
> > Dim lngTop As Long
>
> > int1 = 4
> > str1 = "Left([BriefNr]," & int1 & ")"
>
> > varJaar = Keuzelijst1.value
>
> > With Forms!FrmTabelTotaal!subFrmTabelTotaal.Form
> > lngTop = .SelTop
> > .RecordsetClone.FindLast (str1 & " = '" & varJaar & "'")
> > .SelTop = lngTop
> > If Not .RecordsetClone.NoMatch Then
> > .Bookmark = .RecordsetClone.Bookmark
> > End If
> > .Form_Click
>
> > End With
> > DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name, acSaveNo
>
> > End Sub
>
> > Regards
> > Marco
> > The Netherlands- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

Jon thanks for the response.

There are two things. The form I use is not a continious one its
actually Datasheet, my mistake.
I put the code in the Current event because the On Active didn't work.

It does highlight the record now but when I try to scroll through the
records the highlight dissapears.

Marco

I've just tested this in the Current Event on a Datasheet and it seems to
work fine. How are you scrolling through the records? I'm pressing the
Down Arrow and am getting each row highlighted as if a was pressing the
Record Selector. Maybe you have other code executing affecting this?

Jon

From: Co on
On 11 aug, 12:36, "Jon Lewis" <jon.le...(a)cutthespambtinternet.com>
wrote:
> "Co" <vonclausow...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On 11 aug, 11:23, "Jon Lewis" <jon.le...(a)cutthespambtinternet.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Try DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord in the continuous form's On
> > Activate
> > event.
>
> > Jon
>
> > "Co" <vonclausow...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Hi All,
>
> > > I know there are so many questions on this issue but mine is just a
> > > little different.
> > > What I am trying to establish is the following:
> > > The user clicks Alt-Q which opens a form with a listbox with years on
> > > it.
> > > When he chooses a year the form closes and in my continious form it
> > > jumps to the
> > > first record of that year. Now the little arrow in the recordselector
> > > shows which record
> > > it is but I would like to have the whole record highlighted (like when
> > > you click with the
> > > mouse on the recordselector).
> > > How can I simulate the mouse click or highlight the record for that
> > > matter?
>
> > > My code:
>
> > > Private Sub Keuzelijst1_AfterUpdate()
>
> > > Dim int1 As Integer
> > > Dim str1 As String
> > > Dim lngTop As Long
>
> > > int1 = 4
> > > str1 = "Left([BriefNr]," & int1 & ")"
>
> > > varJaar = Keuzelijst1.value
>
> > > With Forms!FrmTabelTotaal!subFrmTabelTotaal.Form
> > > lngTop = .SelTop
> > > .RecordsetClone.FindLast (str1 & " = '" & varJaar & "'")
> > > .SelTop = lngTop
> > > If Not .RecordsetClone.NoMatch Then
> > > .Bookmark = .RecordsetClone.Bookmark
> > > End If
> > > .Form_Click
>
> > > End With
> > > DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name, acSaveNo
>
> > > End Sub
>
> > > Regards
> > > Marco
> > > The Netherlands- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -
>
> > - Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -
>
> Jon thanks for the response.
>
> There are two things. The form I use is not a continious one its
> actually Datasheet, my mistake.
> I put the code in the Current event because the On Active didn't work.
>
> It does highlight the record now but when I try to scroll through the
> records the highlight dissapears.
>
> Marco
>
> I've just tested this in the Current Event on a Datasheet and it seems to
> work fine.  How are you scrolling through the records?  I'm pressing the
> Down Arrow and am getting each row highlighted as if a was pressing the
> Record Selector.  Maybe you have other code executing affecting this?
>
> Jon- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

I have a conditional formatting on a deadline field it checks the
date.
Maybe that's causing it highlight to dissapear.

Marco