From: sparks on
I have 1 subform in an access 2003 database that any time I put a
option group on it and hit save the database crashes.
Any other type of control is not a problem. Check box, toggle button
.....etc
I have even put about 10 different types of controls on the form tied
to variables and still it works fine.But not an option group

The subform is tied to a table with 12 variables and there are 16
controls on the subform.

I can put the same option group on any other form and save with no
problems.

From: tom7744.no.spam on
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 08:12:31 -0500, sparks <sparks(a)home.com> wrote:

You seem to have some form of corruption. Repair&Compact the database.
If that does not help, export this form to text using the undocumented
Application.SaveAsText method. Then import all objects except this one
to a new database using the normal "External Data" method, and import
this one using LoadFromText.

-Tom.

From: sparks on
Repair did nothing to help this.
Very strange since I can drop that control on any form in the database
and its fine except this one.
I made a new form and put all the controls on it. Saved and exit
went in and added the option group and it worked fine.
What type of corruption is this called, when you can add anything to a
form but one type of control?
micro what LOL

I have tried the saveastext before but how do you load only the one
control we are talking about ?

From: Salad on
sparks wrote:

> Repair did nothing to help this.
> Very strange since I can drop that control on any form in the database
> and its fine except this one.
> I made a new form and put all the controls on it. Saved and exit
> went in and added the option group and it worked fine.
> What type of corruption is this called, when you can add anything to a
> form but one type of control?
> micro what LOL

I call it .44 magnum corruption. Do you feel lucky?
From: David W. Fenton on
sparks <sparks(a)home.com> wrote in

> Repair did nothing to help this.

That's not surprising. It would be a very, very unusual situation
that corruption of the Jet/ACE data structures would cause a crash
on actions taken in form design. Only corruption of the VBA project
could lead to that, and a compact is not going to have any effect on
that whatsoever.

> Very strange since I can drop that control on any form in the
> database and its fine except this one.
> I made a new form and put all the controls on it. Saved and exit
> went in and added the option group and it worked fine.
> What type of corruption is this called, when you can add anything
> to a form but one type of control?
> micro what

Did you simply ignore the rest of the instructions you were given to
try SaveAsText? Or did you just choose not to mention it in your
answer?

I wouldn't bother with that until I'd done a decompile, though.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
contact via website only http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/